2015 World Press Institute Fellowship Program for International Journalists in USA , and applications are submitted till February 15, 2015. Applications are invited for WPI journalism fellowship available for international journalists working outside of the United States who have at least five years of professional journalistic experience in any medium. Journalists can work for news or editorial departments of newspapers, wire services, radio, television, web sites, online publications or magazines of general public interest. The program usually begins in mid-August and end in mid-October. The fellows will spend three weeks in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota and then travel to several U.S. cities, including New York and Washington, D.C., for briefings, interviews and visits. They will return to Minnesota for the final week of the program. Selection is a competitive process. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: This is a fellowship program for journalists and photojournalists from newspapers, news magazines, wire services, radio, television and online news organizations.
Deadline: February 15, 2015.
Funded By: World Press Institute
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 World Press Institute Fellowship is targeted for International journalists (except from USA).
‣ Award No: The WPI fellowships will be offered up to 10 journalists.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The program usually begins in mid-August and end in mid-October. The fellows will spend three weeks in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota and then travel to several U.S. cities, including New York and Washington, D.C., for briefings, interviews and visits. They will return to Minnesota for the final week of the program.
‣ Scholarship covers:WPI pays all program costs, including transportation to the U.S. and back, all transportation within the U.S. related to the WPI program, and all lodging costs. In addition, a modest daily per diem for food is provided. Personal expenses, such as cameras, film, postage and clothing, are the responsibility of the fellows.
‣ The 2015 World Press Institute Fellowship is offered to 10 journalists from countries around the world. It provides immersion into the governance, politics, business, media, journalistic ethics and culture of the United States for experienced international journalists, through a demanding schedule of study, travel and interviews throughout the country.
‣ At least five (5) years full-time employment in print, broadcast, or online journalism.
‣ Journalists can work for news or editorial departments of newspapers, wire services, radio, television, web sites, online publications or magazines of general public interest.
‣ Photojournalists, editorial cartoonists, columnists and broadcast producers are also eligible.
‣ Those who supervise journalists are eligible providing that they also have at least five years as a working journalist.
‣ Any journalism-related work completed as a university student does not count toward experience. People who work in public relations or at organizations whose primary business is not the media are not eligible.
‣ Must be currently employed as a non U.S. journalist working outside of the United States.
‣ Fluency in both written and spoken English.
‣ Potential for leadership
Selection Criteria for 2015 World Press Institute Fellowship
‣ Selection is a competitive process. Each year hundreds of journalists apply to the program.
‣ Fellows are picked by the WPI selection committee, composed of journalists and corporate communications specialists, all with international experience.
‣ Finalists for the fellowship will announced in early May. Please note that due to the number of applications received, they cannot respond to individual requests as to status. You will receive an email from WPI sometime in May telling you whether you have received a fellowship or not.
‣ During this online application process, you will be asked to provide the following:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on February 15, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.