2015 Wellcome Trust International Engagement Awards for Research Applicants, and applications are submitted till 21st August, 2014. Wellcome Trust is offering awards for research applicants from a low- or middle-income country within Sub-Saharan Africa, South-east Asia or South Asia. The awards support public engagement projects and work that builds capacity for engagement with biomedical research in Sub-Saharan Africa, South-east Asia and South Asia. The scheme is open to a wide range of people and organizations including scientists, health researchers, NGOs, educators, artists, theatre practitioners and cultural or community organizations. Applicants must be either a biomedical scientist or health researcher or collaborating with a researcher, research group or institution to provide expertise in the area of biomedical science. Awards of up to £30,000 will be awarded for a period of three years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Sub-Saharan Africa, South-east Asia and South Asia
Level: Awards are available for undertaking research projects
Field(s): Awards support public engagement projects and work that builds capacity for engagement with biomedical research.
Deadline: 21st August, 2014.
Funded By: Wellcome Trust, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Wellcome Trust International Engagement Awards are targeted for InternationalStudents: Students of Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya,
Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for the awards.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Awards will be offered for up to three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Awards of up to £30,000 will be awarded.
‣ The 2015 Wellcome Trust International Engagement Awards support public engagement projects and work that builds capacity for engagement with biomedical research in Sub-Saharan Africa, South-east Asia and South Asia.
‣ The scheme aims to: -stimulate dialogue about biomedical research and its impact on the public in a range of community and public contexts; -promote innovative partnerships between community organizations and the cultural sector, and scientists/researchers; -strengthen capacity to conduct public engagement with biomedical science and health research.
‣ a biomedical scientist or health researcher;
‣ or collaborating with a researcher, research group or institution to provide expertise in the area of biomedical science you are exploring.
‣ All eligible projects will be peer-reviewed and assessed individually on merit and need by a funding committee.
‣ Final decisions will be made approximately three months after the full application deadline.
‣ Applicants have to complete an expression of interest and email it to university.
‣ They will reply to the email with information about the project’s suitability for the scheme and invite a full application if applicable.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date :The upcoming full application deadline for the International Engagement Awards is 4th September 2014. The final deadline is 21st August.
‣ Note: Projects that are not eligible for International Engagement Awards include health promotion or public health campaign projects, research projects, or projects that do not deal with biomedical sciences or the history of medicine.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about 2015 Wellcome Trust International Engagement Awards
2014, 2015, International, Awards, Research, August Deadline