2015 WCGE-LEIZ PhD Scholarships for Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business Program, Germany , and applications are submitted till October 15, 2014 for February 2015 intake. The Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics (WCGE) and the Leadership Excellence Institute Zeppelin (LEIZ) invite applications for PhD scholarship in Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business. Six PhD scholarships are awarded for up to three years, depending on the progress of the PhD projects and the completion of the requirements in the study and practical program. The monthly stipend rate will be 1200 Euros, including material and travel costs. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: PhD Program
Field(s): “Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business.”
Deadline: October 15, 2014
Funded By: The Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics (WCGE) and the Leadership Excellence Institute Zeppelin (LEIZ) (Funded by the German Karl Schlecht Foundation)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 WCGE-LEIZ PhD Scholarships
Benefits(Value/ School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Inclusions): Scholarship is targeted for Students of Germany
‣ Award No: Six PhD scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarship can be granted for up to three years, depending on the progress of the PhD projects and the completion of the requirements in the study and practical program, which will be assessed on a yearly basis. The arrangements of the PhD program will allow that participants can finalize their PhD projects in the proposed three years period.
‣ Scholarship covers: The monthly stipend rate will be 1200 Euros, including material and travel costs.
‣ The Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics (WCGE) and the Leadership Excellence Institute Zeppelin (LEIZ) will award up to six scholarships for the PhD program “Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business”, starting in February 2015.
‣ Funded by the German Karl Schlecht Foundation, WCGE and LEIZ have jointly launched a PhD program in the beginning of 2014.
‣ The program is open to outstanding PhD students whose research interests touch the field of responsible leadership in business in a global context. Besides providing the students with subject-specific qualifications, it is the aim of the program to integrate the research proposals into a greater theoretical and sociopolitical framework.
‣ The program is therefore part of a dialog platform, bringing together the scientific expertise of leading professors of business ethics, the know-how of internationally operating companies, and the perspectives of civil society actors.
‣ The 2015 WCGE-LEIZ PhD Scholarships programme intends to promote research that is theoretically well informed and at the same time offers feasible solutions for doing responsible business in the context of global competition.
‣ PhD proposals shall therefore be able to contribute to the discourse in research, on company level and to the public debate at the same time.
‣ WCGE and LEIZ accept applications of PhD students whose research proposals directly or indirectly address at least one of the levels of business ethics presented above, paired with practical relevance and a global dimension.
‣ Admission to the PhD program requires that students are supervised by one of the following professors who at the same time serve as research directors of the program:
‣ Please send your application, including the supporting documents by post.
‣ Applications should include:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 15, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed \ on how to apply for this scholarship.