2015 WAAW Foundation Scholarship for Undergraduate African Women , and applications are submitted till 31st October, 2014. Applications are invited for WAAW Foundation 2015 scholarship. Scholarships are available for African women to study as full time students in a STEM related course at a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa. Scholarship recipients will receive an award of $500 for the 2015 academic year or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial need and excellent academic record. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Africa
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): The scholarship is awarded for STEM-focused college education in Africa.
Deadline: 31st October, 2014.
Funded By: WAAW foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 WAAW Foundation Scholarship is targeted for Women applicants of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco,
Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible for this undergraduate scholarship.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarship recipients receive an award of $500 for the 2015 academic year or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Prior scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
‣ WAAW Foundation recognizes that Female Education and Science and Technology Innovation and the two most crucial components to poverty alleviation and rapid development in Africa.
plight of the African woman against prejudices and huge societal
disadvantages in the often male dominated communities is still vastly
unexposed and requires a strong and compassionate voice.
‣ We believe that the woman is the pivot of the family and the family is the pivot of the community.
‣ Empowering an African woman is a gift that keeps on giving.
‣ At WAAW foundation, we possess an insider’s perspective and understand the challenges as well as the vast opportunities for social change that could yield economic and health benefits on an international level.
‣ It is in response to this vision that WAAW foundation was established. WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education.
‣ WAAW Foundation awards annual 2015 WAAW Foundation Scholarship to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full time students in a STEM related course in an African University. Recipients will become WAAW Ambassadors in their respective communities.
‣ Female students of African origin living in Africa, less than 32 years, have gained Undergraduate admission to a University or College in Africa and studying a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) related degree course.
‣ Candidates must demonstrate financial need and excellent academic record. Special consideration is given to underprivileged students such as orphans, girls impacted by HIV or students in first or second year of study.
‣ Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial need and excellent academic record.
‣ Scholarship applications are reviewed by the WAAW foundation Scholarship Committee and awards are announced by March 2015.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 October, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.