2015 Vice-Chancellor Merit Scholarships at University of Technology Sydney, Australia , and applications are submitted till 2nd December 2014. The University of Technology Sydney is offering up to five Vice-Chancellor’s Merit Scholarships to top high school students annually. This Scholarship is valued at $12,500 per annum and is paid for whole duration of the recipient’s UTS Undergraduate degree and an Honours degree. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Technology Sydney | Australia
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): all the courses offered by the University of Technology Sydney.
Deadline: 2nd December 2014
Funded By: University of Technology Sydney
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Vice-Chancellor Merit Scholarships are the Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa.
‣ Award No: Up to 5 scholarships will be offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for whole duration of the recipient’s UTS Undergraduate degree and an Honours degree.
‣ Scholarship covers: The value of scholarship is $12,500 per annum.
‣ The University of Technology Sydney is committed to supporting access to quality tertiary education and offers up to five 2015 Vice-Chancellor Merit Scholarships to top high school students annually.
‣ This prestigious scholarship is aimed at students who are experiencing financial disadvantage. It is paid annually for the duration of the recipient’s UTS Undergraduate degree and an Honours degree, if applicable.
‣ Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
‣ Current school leaver; or gap year student who received an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) or equivalent score in the previous year, where no university study was undertaken in the gap year; and
‣ Achieved an ATAR or equivalent of 90.0 or above, excluding bonus points; and
‣ Have a Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) preference to a UTS undergraduate course for the Autumn semester directly following the Scholarship selection; and
‣ For the duration of the Scholarship: full-time enrollment in a UTS undergraduate degree, which is their first undergraduate degree; and
‣ Have applied for the Equity Scholarship or Educational Access Scheme via UAC, and therein demonstrated financial disadvantage (at the time of Scholarship selection); and
‣ Gap year students only: Must apply using the UTS online Elite Scholarships Application form.
Selection Criteria for 2015 Vice-Chancellor Merit Scholarships :
‣ Demonstrated financial disadvantage (through the UAC Equity Scholarship or Educational Access Scheme application) ;
‣ High UAC preference to a UTS undergraduate course at the time of selection ;
‣ Ranked in ATAR order -Motivation to succeed in the chosen degree program, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application or as determined by UTS ;
‣ Initiative in personal and professional life, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application or as determined by UTS ;
‣ Candidates who have applied using the UTS online Elite School Leavers Scholarships Application form will be highly regarded.
‣ Successful applicants will be contacted by phone on Thursday 18 December 2014.
‣ Application forms should be submitted online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 2nd December 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.