2015 UTS Presidents Scholarship (UTSP) for International Student in Australia, and applications are submitted till 20th August 2015 . University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) is offering President’s Scholarship for international student to pursue masters by research and doctoral programs. In 2014 the amount for this scholarship is A$25,392 per annum and is indexed annually. The UTSP scholarship is not transferable to another institution. Scholarship is offered for two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) | Australia
Level: Masters by Research and Doctoral programs
Field(s): any of the courses at University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)
Deadline: 20th August 2015.
Funded By: University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 UTS Presidents Scholarship is targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: President’s Scholarship is awarded for two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree.
‣ Scholarship covers: In 2014 the amount of this scholarship is A$25,392 per annum and is indexed annually. The UTSP scholarship is not transferable to another institution.
‣ The 2015 UTS Presidents Scholarship (UTSP) is provided by the University to international students who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
‣ The UTSP covers general living expenses for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree.
‣ In 2014 the amount of this scholarship is A$25,392 per annum and is indexed annually. The UTSP scholarship is not transferable to another institution.August Deadline
‣ be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003; and
‣ be a holder of an international student visa, meeting requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (DIMA), including the requirement to purchase and maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health and Ageing; and
‣ have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment in accordance with clause (d); and
‣ where applicants do not hold a Bachelor degree with First Class Honours in clause (c) above, the University may determine that the applicant has demonstrated an equivalent level of academic attainment. In determining an equivalent level of academic attainment, the University may consider previous study, relevant work experience, research publications, referees’ reports and other research experience; and
‣ be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) at the University in the year of the UTSP (UTSPs are not available to applicants whose enrolment into a postgraduate research program has not been accepted by the University); and
‣ be commencing full time enrolment for the first time in a higher degree by research (HDR) at the University. The University may also consider students who: i. commenced their HDR in the previous year but who, due to the timing of their application and subsequent enrolment, were unable to apply for the scholarship in that year; or ii. commenced a HDR and terminated that enrolment within six months of commencement; and
‣ not have completed a degree at the same or higher level as the proposed candidature; and
‣ must not previously have held an Australian Government-funded postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the scholarship’s payments commencing; and
‣ must not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the UTSP stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
‣ be a recipient of an UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS)
‣ The 2015 UTS Presidents Scholarship is awarded in accordance with the eligibility requirements outlined in paragraph 1 and on a competitive basis using the respective Faculty/Institute’s scoring system based on:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Research Application Form for both the degree and scholarship(s) through UTS: International by the advertised deadline.
‣ For currently enrolled research students: To apply, please submit the completed HDR scholarship application form for current students with a CV by the advertised deadline.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 20th August 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.