2015 UNU-INRA PhD Internship Programme in Accra, Africa , and applications are submitted till 31st May 2015 for the academic year 2015–2016. United Nations University with funding from Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC), is offering UNU-INRA PhD Internship Programme. Applicants should be African nationals and must be enrolled in a doctoral programme, most preferably at the later stage of the PhD programme. They should be able to conduct high-quality research. Up to thirteen PhD interns will be selected to be on the project for four months. Three exceptional PhD interns will receive a two-year scholarship, which will require them to spend one year at UNU-INRA headquarters in Accra, Ghana, and another year at their affiliated universities. The other 10 PhD interns will spend 3–4 consecutive months at UNU-INRA headquarters in Accra, Ghana or at one of UNU-INRA’s operating units based in Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Namibia, Senegal and Zambia. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Accra (Africa)
Field(s): The project aims to provide empirical evidence on how green growth strategies can, amongst others, influence employment, income generation, competitiveness and social inclusion in rural Africa under four thematic areas: -Green business opportunities in rural Africa -Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and resource efficiency, productivity and resilience in rural Africa -Rural SMEs and ecosystem services -Institutions and governance for environmentally-friendly business practices
Deadline: 31st May 2015 for the academic year 2015–2016.
Funded By: IDRC (United Nations University)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 UNU-INRA PhD Internship Programme is targeted for Students of Africa
‣ Award No: Thirteen PhD interns will be selected to be on the project.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of internship is four months.
‣ Scholarship covers: UNU-INRA will provide two types of financial support. A monthly stipend of around USD 1,000.00 will be provided to a successful applicant spending a maximum of four months within the programme. The stipend is a contribution towards accommodation, subsistence, medical and other expenses.
‣ UNU-INRA, with funding from Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC), is undertaking a three-year project entitled “Unleashing the Potential of African Rural Economies through Green Growth”.
‣ The 2015 UNU-INRA PhD Internship Programme project aims to provide empirical evidence on how green growth strategies can, amongst others, influence employment, income generation, competitiveness and social inclusion in rural Africa under four thematic areas:
‣ African nationals and must be enrolled in a doctoral programme, most preferably at the later stage of the PhD programme.
‣ able to conduct high-quality research.
‣ UNU-INRA accepts both Anglophone and Francophone applicants. However, candidates should be fluent in oral and written English or French, as their case may warrant.
‣ While there are no restrictions with respect to the applicant’s areas of study, these must be clearly linked to addressing the critical issues related to green growth in rural Africa.
‣ Successful candidates will be expected to notify UNU-INRA of their acceptance of the offer within two weeks of receiving the notification.
‣ The acceptance letter should also include a letter from the candidate’s academic supervisor confirming that the applicant is authorized to participate in the programme.
‣ Interested applicants should complete and submit the application form and include their curriculum vitae and proof of enrollment in a PhD programme.
‣ As part of the application, applicants PhD supervisor will need to provide UNU-INRA with a letter of reference.
‣ Applications should be emailed to: phdinternship-at-inra.unu.edu.
‣ Int ernship Applications are due on 31st May 2015 for the academic year 2015–2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.