2015 UNHR Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent in Switzerland , and applications are submitted till 1 July 2015. Applications are invited for United Nations Human Rights Fellowship Programme available for the people of African Descent living in the Diaspora. The Fellowship will be held from 2 to 20 November 2015 in Geneva, Switzerland. The programme will coincide with the first session of the UN Forum for People of African Descent. Fellowship includes airfare, basic health insurance; and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the program me. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Switzerland (Geneva)
Field(s): Fellowship provides opportunity to deepen applicant’s understanding of the United Nations human rights system, instruments and mechanisms, with a focus on issues of particular relevance to people of African descent.
Deadline: 1 July 2015.
Funded By: United Nations Human Rights (UNHR)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 UNHR Fellowship Programme is targeted for People of African Descent living in the Diaspora
‣ No. of awards: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The Fellowship will be held from 2 to 20 November 2015 in Geneva, Switzerland. The programme will coincide with the first session of the UN Forum for People of African Descent.
‣Value of Scholarship : Each fellow is entitled to a return ticket (economy class) from the country of residence to Geneva; basic health insurance; and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the Programme.
‣ The 2015 UNHR Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent provides the participants with an intensive learning opportunity to deepen their understanding of the United Nations human rights system, instruments and mechanisms, with a focus on issues of particular relevance to people of African descent.
‣ The Fellowship Programme will allow the participants to better contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries.
‣ The first Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent was launched by the Anti-Racial Discrimination Section of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights in 2011 in the context of the International Year for People of African Descent.
‣ The candidate must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora.
‣ The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
‣ The candidate needs to have sufficient command of the English language to be able to participate fully in the programme.
‣ The candidate has to submit a letter of support from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights.
‣ The candidates must be available to attend the full duration of the programme. The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the programme.
Selection Criteria for 2015 UNHR Fellowship Programme
‣ The selection of the fellows will reflect gender and regional balance. The human rights situation of People of African Descent in the respective countries will also be taken into consideration.
‣ Please note, that because of the volume of messages, applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are requested to submit the following documents via email or by fax.
‣ Please note that submissions with more than five attachments will not be accepted.
Important: Please mention in the subject header of your e-mail: “Application for the 2015 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent.”
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 July 2015.
‣ Application forms ( Application Form ) and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.