2015 UCL Excellence Fellowships for International Researchers in UK , and applications are submitted till 13 May 2015. The University College London awards excellence research fellowships to early career researchers from across the globe. A number of fellowships are available in 2015 across the full range of disciplines in life and medical sciences. In addition, two fellowships are available in specific subject areas: one of these will be in the field of neurodegeneration and a further fellowship will be appointed within experimental medicine. Fellows are provided with a competitive salary and research expenses for three years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University College London| UK
Level: research programme.
Field(s): Fellowships are available across the School of Life and Medical Sciences, which comprises the Faculties of Brain Sciences, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences and Population Health Sciences. Applications are welcome from clinical and non-clinical researchers in disciplines across the life and biomedical sciences, including clinical, applied and population health science.
Deadline: 13 May 2015
Funded By: University College London, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 UCL Excellence Fellowships are targeted for Students of any nationality
‣ Award No: A number of fellowships are available in 2015 across the full range of disciplines in life and medical sciences. In addition,
two fellowships are available in specific subject areas: one of these will be in the field of neurodegeneration, and a further fellowship will be appointed within experimental medicine.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship posts are for fixed term duration of three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Excellence Fellows will receive an additional £25k to be used freely to support his/her research throughout the fellowship. Candidates who obtain an externally funded fellowship prior to, or during, the tenure of their Excellence Fellowship will also receive a supplementary research fund, to a maximum of £50k. The supplement will be a percentage of the salary budget received by UCL and will depend upon the date during the Excellence Fellowship that the external funding is activated.
‣ 2015 UCL Excellence Fellowships Programme seeks to recruit the highest calibre early career researchers from across the globe, supporting them to establish their independent career and become the research leaders of the future.
‣ The Excellence Fellowship Programme currently supports fellows within the School of Life and Medical Sciences.
‣ Excellence Fellows can be from clinical and non-clinical backgrounds, and work across the full range of disciplines in life and medical sciences, including clinical, applied and population health science.
‣ Fellows are provided with a competitive salary and research expenses for three years. During the tenure of the award, Fellows are supported to obtain a competitive external fellowship or major personal award that will allow them to establish their independent research career.
‣ Fellowships are available to clinical and non-clinical candidates who have not yet established an independent research career.
‣ Candidates should have been awarded a PhD or equivalent research-related degree prior to application.
‣ Fellowships will be awarded to the highest calibre candidates who are able to demonstrate an exceptional track record in relation to their career stage.
‣ Short listing is expected to take place in mid-June and interviews will be held on 13 July.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All applicants must apply through UCL’s online recruitment system. The online recruitment system uses a standard format that allows a maximum of two documents to be uploaded. University recommends that you:
‣ Upload your CV on the “upload CV” section
‣ Create a single pdf document containing the completed application form and all remaining enclosures, and upload this in the “other supporting documents” section.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 13 May 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.