2018 TWAS-SN Bose Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries’ Scholars in Physical Sciences, India , and applications are submitted till 31 July 2018. TWAS and the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences are offering fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries to pursue PhD or Postdoctoral level research in physical sciences. TWAS-SN Bose Fellowships are tenable at the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Science in Kolkata, India. Fellowships are awarded for four years with the possibility of a one-year extension (PhD) and for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months (postdoctoral). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Science in Kolkata, India | India
Deadline: 31 July 2018
Funded By: TWAS and the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017 TWAS-SN Bose Fellowship Programme is targeted for Citizens of of a developing country (other than India): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia,
Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for this SN Bose fellowship programme.
‣ Award No: Five 2018 TWAS-SN Bose Fellowship Programme annually to young foreign scientists from developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in physical sciences.
‣ Scholarship Duration: TWAS-SN Bose Fellowships are awarded for studies leading towards a PhD degree in the physical sciences for four years with the possibility of a one-year extension and for studies towards postdoctoral research in the physical sciences for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months.
‣ Scholarship covers: S.N. Bose will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Free on-campus accommodation will be provided.
‣ The S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Science in Kolkata, India, and TWAS have established a fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries who wish to pursue Postgraduate and Postdoctoral in physical sciences.
‣ TWAS-SN Bose Fellowship Programme are tenable at the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences in Kolkata, India for studies leading towards a PhD degree in the physical sciences for four years with the possibility of a one-year extension.
Scholarship Application Method
Are you a potential applicant for a full-time PhD in a field related to atmospheric science, climate and climate change, hydrology, multi-hazard early-warning or disaster-risk reduction? If so, you may be interested in applying for a World Meteorological Organization (WMO) travel grant as a complement to the PhD fellowship.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 July 2018
Preliminary acceptance letters dated 2017 or earlier will NOT be accepted as they must be dated the same year as the year of application.
• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240687
Fax: +39 040 2240689
• S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
Dean (Academic Programme)
JD Block, Sector 3, Salt Lake City
Kolkata 700098, India
Tel: +91 33 2335 5706
Fax: +91 33 2335 3477
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.