2015 TWAS-SN Bose Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries’ Scholars in Physical Sciences, India , and applications are submitted till 31 August 2015. TWAS and the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences are offering fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries to pursue PhD or Postdoctoral level research in physical sciences. TWAS-SN Bose Fellowships are tenable at the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Science in Kolkata, India. Fellowships are awarded for four years with the possibility of a one-year extension (PhD) and for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months (postdoctoral). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Science in Kolkata, India | India
Deadline: 31 August 2015.
Funded By: TWAS and the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 TWAS-SN Bose Fellowship Programme is targeted for Citizens of of a developing country (other than India): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia,
Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for this SN Bose fellowship programme.
‣ Award No: Five 2015 TWAS-SN Bose Fellowship Programme annually to young foreign scientists from developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in physical sciences.
‣ Scholarship Duration: TWAS-SN Bose Fellowships are awarded for studies leading towards a PhD degree in the physical sciences for four years with the possibility of a one-year extension and for studies towards postdoctoral research in the physical sciences for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months.
‣ Scholarship covers: S.N. Bose will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Free on-campus accommodation will be provided.
‣ The S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Science in Kolkata, India, and TWAS have established a fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries who wish to pursue Postgraduate and Postdoctoral in physical sciences.
‣ 2015 TWAS-SN Bose Fellowship Programme are tenable at the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences in Kolkata, India for studies leading towards a PhD degree in the physical sciences for four years with the possibility of a one-year extension.
‣ be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year; (PhD)
‣ be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the year of application (Postdoctoral)
‣ be nationals of a developing country (other than India);
‣ must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country;
‣ Hold a PhD degree in physics, mathematics or physical chemistry.
‣ be employed at a university or research institution;
‣ hold a Master’s degree/PhD degree in physics, mathematics or physical chemistry;
‣ be accepted by a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre.
‣ provide evidence of proficiency in English.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre when applying, or by the deadline at the latest.
‣ Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection. Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS. The subject line must contain: Bose/PDoc/candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes.
‣ Applications for the SN Bose-TWAS Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should be sent to TWAS only (by email).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due o 31 August 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.