2015 The Parliamentary Internship Programme For Canadian Students , and applications are submitted till January 31, 2015. Applications are invited for Parliamentary Internship Programme which is open to applicants who holds Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status. Interns will receive a $22,000 scholarship for a period of ten months (September to June). Short-listed candidates will be invited for telephonic interviews in March. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Field(s): Internship provides an opportunity to work closely with Members of Parliament, contributing directly to Canadian public life; to meet and discuss public affairs with some of the country’s leading thinkers and policy makers and at the same time, to study Parliament and the cut and thrust of Canadian politics.
Deadline: January 31, 2015.
Funded By: The Parliamentary Internship Programme is an initiative of the Canadian Political Science Association (CPSA) that operates on Parliament Hill under the auspices of the Speaker of the House of Commons.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 The Parliamentary Internship Programme is targeted for Applicant who hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status).
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of internship is ten months.
‣ Scholarship covers: These are paid internships. In 2014-15, Interns will receive a $22,000 scholarship for a period of ten months (September to June). Their travel, accommodation and per diem costs will be provided during comparative study tours and, on occasion, they will be invited to attend sponsored events on a complimentary basis.
‣ The Parliamentary Internship Programme was established in 1969 through a Motion, passed in the House of Commons with all-party support, as a non-partisan program that would provide:
‣ Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status
‣ Hold at least one university degree.
‣ Will be under 35 years old on September 7, 2015.
‣ The Selection Committee will review all applications completed by January 31st. Short-listed candidates will be invited for telephone interviews in March.
‣ Unsuccessful candidates will be invited to re-apply at that time.
‣ The final selection of the interns will be completed by the end of April.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Internship Applications are due January 31, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.