2015 SWOP Postdoctoral Fellowships in Social Justice, South Africa , and applications are submitted till 30 February 2015. University of the Witwatersrand is offering up to 5 postdoctoral fellowships in Social Justice for 2015 academic year. This postdoctoral program, generously funded by Ford Foundation. Students from all continents are eligible to apply for these fellowships. The Fellowships will start on 1 May 2015 and cover a period of two years. Fellows will receive funding of R220 000 per year plus medical insurance, and in addition substantial research funding. Applicants must have completed their PhD degrees in the social sciences or related fields. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa
Level: Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): Social Justice
Deadline: 30 February 2015.
Funded By: Ford Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 SWOP Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for Students from all continents
‣ Award No: 5 Postdoctoral Fellowships in Research and Social Justice are available for the applicants.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Fellowships will start on 1 May 2015 and cover a period of two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellows will receive funding of R220 000 per year plus medical insurance, and in addition substantial research funding.
‣ This 2015 SWOP Postdoctoral Fellowships program, generously funded by Ford Foundation, provides focused support for both research publication and concrete engagement with social justice issues and campaigns.
‣ You will be located at a Research Institute that combines cutting edge scholarly research with rich experience of supporting labour, women’s, social and environmental movements, as well as progressive government institutions, engaging in struggles to change the world we live in.
‣ You will have the time and support to conduct and publish research and lay the foundation for your academic career, as well as participate in an innovative social justice program.
‣ You will participate in a collegial and progressive community of scholars.
‣ applicants must have completed and been awarded their PhDs (though not necessarily graduated) in the social sciences or related fields.
‣ The second year is conditional on performance in the first year.
‣ Potential applicants who anticipate being awarded their PhD’s by 30 February should forward their applications for pre-selection by 15 December as well.
‣ Applications should be send via e-mail and also by post. To apply, please submit the following:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 February 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.