2015 Sofja Kovalevskaja Award in Germany , and applications are submmitted till September 1, 2014. Federal Ministry of Education and Research is awarding Sofja Kovalevskaja Award for Scientists and scholars from all countries and disciplines who completed their doctorates with distinction less than six years ago. The Foundation particularly welcomes applications from qualified, female junior researchers. This international award is granted to young exceptionally promising researchers from abroad to enable them to embark on academic careers in Germany by establishing their own junior research groups at research institutions in Germany. The Humboldt Foundation plans to grant up to eight Sofja Kovalevskaja Awards. The award is valued at up to 1.65 million EUR. Full details
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Field(s): Awards are available to carry out approved research project of his or her own choice in Germany
Deadline: September 1, 2014.
Funded By: Federal Ministry of Education and Research
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Sofja Kovalevskaja Award is targeted to scientists and scholars from all countries.
‣ Award No: The Humboldt Foundation plans to grant up to eight Sofja Kovalevskaja Awards.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The 2015 Sofja Kovalevskaja Award allows you to spend five years building up a working group and working on a high-profile, innovative research project of your own choice at a research institution of your own choice in Germany.
‣ Scholarship covers: The award winner is entitled to the award funds of up to 1.65 million EUR. The award funds may be used to cover all expenses serving this 2 purpose (including the necessary equipment and material, personnel, travel expenses, etc.). The award funds must be used economically and prudently. Scientific equipment financed by the award will become the property of the host institution immediately upon purchase. Part of the award may be used to cover the award winner’s living expenses.
‣ The 2015 Sofja Kovalevskaja Award allows you to spend five years building up a working group and working on a high-profile, innovative research project of your own choice at a research institution of your own choice in Germany.
‣ Scientists and scholars from all disciplines may apply directly to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
‣ Award winners will be selected solely on the basis of their academic qualifications.
‣ There are no quotas for individual disciplines or countries.
‣ The most important assessment criteria are: - academic publications in internationally reviewed journals and / or publishing houses - statements on the candidate’s academic profile and potential in the form of expert reviews, requested by the candidate, from different institutions and, where possible, from different countries. - the academic quality and feasibility of the research project proposed by the candidate.
‣ The selection committee which makes the final decision on Sofja Kovalevskaja award winners is scheduled to meet at the end of March 2014.
‣ You will be informed about the outcome of the meeting immediately afterwards.
‣ Please send your application directly to the Selection Department of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation by air mail or surface mail.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on September 1, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.