2015 SIWI Stockholm International Water Institute Internship Programme In Sweden , applications are submitted till 30th January, 2015. SIWI Stockholm International Water Institute offers Internship with WGF and the International Labour Organization (ILO). The objective of this internship is to collect and analyse international data on time spent by women and girls on water fetching and on the health and security risks related to this work. There will be no remuneration or compensation for personal costs paid by SIWI to the intern. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Sweden
Field(s): The principle tasks of intern will be to: Identify data sources and compile data on women and girl’s water fetching, including, Time spent, Health and security issues/risk, Develop a statistical analysis of the data and a good format for presenting the results in the WWDR 2016.
Deadline: 30th January 2015.
Funded By: WGF and the International Labour Organization (ILO).
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 SIWI Stockholm International Water Institute Internship is targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of internship is 2.5 months full-time study (flexible).
‣ Scholarship covers: Is this paid internship? There will be no remuneration or compensation for personal costs paid by SIWI to the intern.
‣ The Water Governance Facility (WGF) at SIWI in Stockholm works with multiple water themes, ranging from integrated water resources management, transboundary water and water supply and sanitation to climate variability, gender, integrity, human rights and capacity development.
‣ One of its main tasks is to support international processes and knowledge development related to water governance.
‣ Gender is one of the WGF’s cross-cutting themes, which is why it is contributing to this year’s World Water Development Report (WWDR) for 2016 on Water and Jobs with an analysis of the drudgery and health and security risks related to women and girl’s water-fetching.
‣ The WGF has a long tradition of contributing to the WWDR, which is one of the leading reports on global water issues, produced by UN-Water.
‣ The internship will be mentored jointly by WGF and the International Labour Organization (ILO).
‣ The intern needs to have all personal costs or upkeep covered through scholarship or other arrangements through the academic institution. There will be no remuneration or compensation for personal costs paid by SIWI to the intern.
‣ Since the programme is focusing on international statistical data, good English proficiency is required and skills in other languages is meriting.
‣ Documented data analysis and statistical capacities is required.
Notification for 2015 SIWI Stockholm International Water Institute Internship
‣ Interviews will be held with shortlisted candidates.
‣ Please submit a one page motivation letter and CV to applications-at-siwi.org.
‣ Internship Applications are due on 30 January 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.