School(Institutions/ Country): | Singapore
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories: (i) Biomedical Sciences and (ii) Engineering and Physical and Mathematical Sciences. Applicants can pursue a PhD degree in any field of study for which they can demonstrate interest and capability. The PhD projects under SINGA are research based, not clinically based.Deadline:
1st June 2016 for June 2016 intake.
Funded By: The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and the National University of Singapore (NUS).
2015 SINGA PhD Awards for International Students in Singapore, and applications are submitted till 1st June 2016 for August 2016 intake. Applications are invited for SINGA Awards for January 2015 intake. SINGA Awards are given every year to top students from all over the world. SINGA only supports PhD studies in the field of science and engineering. PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU or NUS. The award provides financial support for up to 4 years. Full details:
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2014 SINGA PhD Awards are targeted for International students.
‣ Award No: 240 SINGA Awards will be given every year to top students from all over the world.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Awards are awarded for 4 years of PhD studies.
‣ Scholarship covers: Total offer is about: -The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination. -Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies. -One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance -One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500
‣ The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) (2015 SINGA PhD Awards) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and the National University of Singapore (NUS). PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU or NUS.
‣ Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU or NUS.
‣ Open to all international students -Graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
‣ Good skills in written and spoken English -Good reports from academic referees
‣ The selection criteria for SINGA include the applicant’s academic record, publications, recommendations from academic referees, personal achievements, passion and ability to excel in research, and an interview if short-listed.
‣ Only short-listed candidates will be notified within 10 weeks from the application closing date.
‣ Applicant will first need to fill up an online application form and submit it through the SINGA website.
‣ Then send hard copies of supporting documents via post.
‣ These supporting documents include :-
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1st June 2014 for January 2015 intake.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.