2015 Science Without Borders Scholarship Program for Brazilian Students, and applications are submitted till 23 April 2015. Applications are invited for Science without Borders Scholarship Program which is funded by Brazilian federal government. Under this program full doctorate scholarship will be awarded for Brazilian students or foreigners with permanent visa in Brazil to pursue doctoral or postdoctoral program at foreign institutions. The scholarship is awarded up to 48 months for PhD program and 6 to 12 months, extendable up to 24 months for postdoctoral program. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Abroad (partner countries)
Level: PhD or postdoctoral program in abroad.
Field(s): 2015 Science Without Borders Scholarship is awarded in knowledge areas considered cutting-edge scientific and technological, those in which the graduate is deficient in the country or even in the following priority areas in the Science without Borders Program: Engineering and other technological areas, Pure and Natural Sciences, Health and Biomedical Sciences, Information and Communication Technologies, Aerospace, Pharmaceuticals, Sustainable Agricultural Production, Oil, Gas and Coal, Renewable Energy, Biotechnology, Nanotechnology and New Materials, Technology for prevention and mitigation of natural disasters, Biodiversity and bioprospection, Marine Sciences, Minerals, New technologies for constructive engineering and Formation of technical personnel.
Deadline: 23 April 2015
Funded By: Brazilian federal government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Science Without Borders Scholarship is targeted for Brazilian or foreigner applicants with permanent visa in Brazil can apply for the Science without Borders Scholarship Program.
‣ Award No: ot specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Doctoral Scholarships are awarded up to 48 months. If you have already started the PhD prior to the award of the scholarship shall be deducted the period attended. Postdoctoral scholarships are awarded for 6 to 12 months, extendable up to 24 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: a) Air tickets (for both PhD and postdoctoral);
b) Monthly living stipend (for PhD);
c) Installation Assistance (for PhD);
d) Assistance to purchase health insurance (for both PhD and postdoctoral);
e) Tuition and fees required by the institution, except those relating to events, sports associations, students, parking, insurance of “bad professional practice”(for PhD).
f) Scholarship (for postdoctoral);
g) Settling-in allowance (for postdoctoral);
‣ The 2015 Science without Borders program – CsF aims to provide the insertion of human resources in the best foreign institutions, in order to promote the internationalization of science and technology national encouraging studies and research of Brazilians abroad with the significant expansion of the exchange.
‣ The modality Doctoral Full Abroad inserted in Science Without Borders program aims to offer scholarships as an alternative training full time overseas, configuring it as complementary to investment possibilities offered by all the graduate programs in Brazil, seeking the formation of high-level human resources.
‣ The 2015 Science Without Borders Scholarship is available to doctors with an interest in upgrading their skills through training and development project containing scientific or technological innovative and cutting edge in overseas institution of internationally recognized level of excellence in Priority Areas of Science without Borders Program.
‣ For the modality of Full Doctorate scholarship, some institutions do not require a master’s degree.
a) Being Brazilian or foreigner with permanent visa in Brazil;
b) It is forbidden to grant full doctoral scholarship overseas to the applicant who is a regular student of graduate school in Brazil or who already have a doctorate.
d) Have formal language proficiency required for the course, with the score required by the foreign institution, if applicable;
e) Do not accumulate these scholarships with other scholarships with funds from the National Treasury.
g) Have been approved after consideration of merit in evaluation by Advisory Committees composed of experts in innovation and technology and, if necessary, in an interview for a specific committee;
h) Justify the option of making the full doctorate abroad, the relevance of research topic for the development of the area within the Science without Borders.
i) Have a doctoral degree, by the deadline of registration (postdoctoral scholarship);
j) Dedicate yourself fully to the scheduled activities at the host institution (postdoctoral scholarship);
Selection Criteria for 2015 Science Without Borders Scholarship
‣ The fellowships are intended for candidates of proven academic performance and potential and candidates who have been approved for foreign institution of excellence.
‣ Postdoctoral candidates will be selected on the basis of their curriculum, the curriculum advisor abroad, the merit of the proposal, the concept of the international research group abroad and ranked in comparison to other applicants.
‣ Results will be announced till August 14, 2015.
‣ To require a Full Doctorate fellowship, the candidate must submit the proposal by two ways:
1) You can contact the Science without Borders’ partners in the destination country. See partner abroad clicking here. Currently, they have negotiated graduate positions with European Union, UK, USA, Canada and others countries.
2) You can contact directly the university/institutions that you wish to study to obtain a Conditional Acceptance Letter.
‣ Doctoral scholarships for Full U.S., under the Science Without Borders Program, the applicant must also comply with the guidelines available on the website of LASPAU that will place the student in a North American university, beyond the standards described in the Guidelines. However, if the applicant already has contact with the research group in the United States, may make application directly. For implementation of the approved grant, the candidate must obtain acceptance from the University / Institution abroad to start activities in the period corresponding to the current demand, in other words, the schedule in which it competes.
‣ Upon registration, the applicant must attach the proposed curriculum of the possible mentor/supervisor, unless directed otherwise constant Specific Call. Proposals must be submitted exclusively via the Internet through the application form. All additional documents required for each type of bag will be scanned and assembled into single file in pdf format (max 500 KB). This document must be attached to the application form in specific field.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 23 April 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.