2017 SARETI Masters Scholarships in Health Research Ethics at University of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa, and applications are submitted tillend of August . South African Research Ethics Training Initiative (SARETI) is inviting applications for Masters Program in Health Research Ethics. Scholarships are open for African students. Each year, SARETI offers full scholarships, including living and transport expenses. Up to four scholarships are available for Africans. SARETI Masters Scholarships in Health Research Ethics at University of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa, and applications are submitted till 5 September 2014. South African Research Ethics Training Initiative (SARETI) is inviting applications for Masters Program in Health Research Ethics. Scholarships are open for African students. Each year, SARETI offers full scholarships, including living and transport expenses. Up to four scholarships are available for Africans. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of KwaZulu-Natal | South Africa
Field(s): Masters of Health Research Ethics at the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
Deadline: end of August
Funded By: South African Research Ethics Training Initiative (SARETI)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2 SARETI Masters Scholarships are targeted for the students of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea,
Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) .
‣ Award No:Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: SARETI provides financial assistance to each funded SARETI graduate annually to support the completion of the SARETI research thesis on each students’ return to their home institution.
‣ The SARETI Masters Scholarships programme is based on modular course work, practicals, and a dissertation or research paper.
‣ As a fourth component, the top Masters trainee will be funded to present his/her work at the Global Bioethics Forum or a similar convention on health research in developing countries.
‣ A full-time Masters degree takes 2 years to complete, of which approximately 10 months are spent with SARETI and the remainder at the trainees’ home institutions.
‣ SARETI will offer full scholarships, including living and transport expenses, to up to four students from Africa each year.
‣ All professionals whose work is intimately involved with health research ethics, either as senior researchers, Ethics Committee Members, as institutional representatives responsible for the oversight of health research, but also journalists, lawyers, philosophers, and social scientists, and others involved with health interventions and health research.
‣ All applicants (including self-funded applicants) need at least a Bachelors (honours) or 4 year equivalent degree to be eligible to enroll for a Masters degree.
‣ In addition, current and future experience and involvement in the ethics of health research is essential.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via by post and electronically.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on end of August
The closing date for applications is usually around August each year. A SARETI application form, along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, a two-page statement indicating why you want to enrol, and a letter of support by the employing organisation (if applicable) are required.
A limited number of fully funded scholarships is available annually on a competitive basis for the degree programmes only.
Applicants for the scholarships must be serving members of Africa-based IRBs or Research Ethics Committees or have experience in health research and ethical review and must meet other selection criteria.
For most recent information and application forms, consult our website:
HYPERLINK "http://sareti.ukzn.ac.za/Homepage.aspx" http://sareti.ukzn.ac.za/Homepage.aspx
For further questions and registration, contact:
University of KwaZulu-Natal:
Mrs Carla Pettit
School of Psychology
University of KwaZulu-Natal
Private Bag X01
Tel: +27 33 260 6162
Fax: +27 33 260 5809
Email: HYPERLINK "mailto:email@example.com" firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information ( SARETI Brochure ) contact:
Mrs Carla Pettit,
School of Applied Human Sciences, College of Humanities, Discipline of Psychology
University of KwaZulu-Natal;
Private Bag XO1; Scottsville 3209; Pietermaritzburg; South Africa;
Tel: +27-33-260-6162; Fax: +27-33-260-5809;
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.