2015 Rotary Peace Fellowships for International Students and applications are submitted till 1st July 2014 for 2015 academic term. The Rotary Foundation awards up to 100 fully funded academic fellowships for the citizens from around the world. Two types of peace fellowships are available i.e. master and professional development certificate fellowships. The master programs last 15–24 months and require a practical internship of 2–3 months during the academic break at premier universities in Australia, UK, Sweden, Japan and USA. The professional development certificate program is a 3-month program which incorporates 2–3 weeks of field study. These Rotary Peace fellowships will be awarded in fields related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Duke University and University of North Carolina, International Christian University, University of Bradford in UK, University of Queensland in Australia and Uppsala University, Chulalongkorn University | Australia, UK, Sweden, Japan, the United States, Thailand
Level: Master's Degree , Certificate Program
Field(s): Fields related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention
Deadline: 1st July 2014 for 2015 academic term.
Funded By: The Rotary Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Rotary Peace Fellowships are targeted for Citizens from around the world.
‣ Award No: Up to 100 fellows are selected every year. (Each year up to 50 master’s fellowships and up to 50 certificates fellowships will be awarded.)
‣ Scholarship Duration: Two types of peace fellowships are available. Master’s degree fellowships: programs last 15–24 months and require a practical internship of 2–3 months during the academic break. Professional development certificate: This is a 3-month program. This program incorporates 2–3 weeks of field study.
‣ Scholarship covers: These 2015 Rotary Peace Fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation and all internship/ field study expenses.
‣ Each year, Rotary selects individuals from around the world to receive fully funded academic fellowships at one of our peace centers.
‣ These 2015 Rotary Peace Fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation and all internship/field study expenses. Two types of peace fellowships are available.
‣ A strong commitment to international understanding and peace demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal and community service activities.
‣ A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (at a minimum) with strong academic achievement.
‣ Relevant work experience: For master’s degree—3 years paid or unpaid and for professional development certificate—5 years and current full-time employment in a mid- to upper-level position.
‣ Proficiency in English for both fellowship types and in a second language for master’s degree.
‣ The fellowships will be awarded on the basis of personal, academic and professional achievements.
‣ To apply for a peace fellowship, download the application, complete the applicant portion and submit it to a Rotary club or district for endorsement.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1st July 2014 for 2015 academic term.
‣ The deadline for submitting applications to Rotary International is 1 July, while the deadline for submitting to a local club can vary (generally March–June).
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.