2015 ROSE MSc Scholarships in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology, Italy , and applications are submitted till May 18, 2015. UME Graduate School of the IUSS Pavia is offering MSc scholarships in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology programme. A number of scholarships and/or tuition waivers are awarded to the highest-ranking applicants for this 18-month MSc programme. During the programme students will acquire the ability to design, execute and evaluate assessment of seismic hazard for site-specific engineering projects as well as to undertake seismic design of new structures and assessment and strengthening of existing structures. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Italy
Level: MSc Programme
Field(s): Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology.
Deadline: May 18, 2015
Funded By: Understanding and Managing Extremes (UME) Graduate School of the Institute for Advanced Study and the University of Pavia, Italy
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 ROSE MSc Scholarships are targeted for Italian and international students
‣ Award No: A number of MSc scholarships and/or tuition waivers are available for the highest-ranking applicants.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are awarded for 18-months master programme.
‣ Scholarship covers: A number of scholarships and/or tuition waivers are available for the highest-ranking applicants.
‣ The ROSE master degree is jointly awarded by IUSS Pavia and the University of Pavia. During the 18-month MSc programme students will acquire the ability to design, execute and evaluate assessment of seismic hazard for site-specific engineering projects as well as to undertake seismic design of new structures and assessment and strengthening of existing structures.
‣ The minimum requirement in order to apply for the MSc Earthquake Engineering and Enginerring Seimology programmes (ROSE) is a University Degree in Civil Engineering or related fields.
‣ Past professional experience in Civil Engineering is also positively evaluated. Applicants mainly interested in the seismology part of the programme may possess a University Degree, or past professional experience, in civil/environmental engineering, geology, geophysics, physics, applied mathematics, or other similar fields.
‣ Within four weeks of the end of the submission deadline, all applications will be reviewed and assessed by the ROSE Programme Assessment Board, and the list of successful candidates will be posted within June 2015 on IUSS online Board.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Through the online application procedure, applicants must provide electronic copies of the following documents:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on May 18, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.