2015 Randy Pausch Scholarship for Undergraduate and Graduate Program in USA, and applications are submitted till June 30, 2015 . The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences invites application for Randy Pausch Scholarship available for undergraduate students starting their second year or graduate students attending an US accredited college or university. Scholarship is to support students who are pursuing career specializing in the development of interactive entertainment which includes (but are not limited to) Art, Animation, Programming, Engineering, Game Direction, Game Design, Sound Design and Music Composition. Two $2,500 scholarships to two different students for the 2014-2015 academic school year will be awarded. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Undergraduate Programme (undergraduate student starting their second year or a graduate student attending an accredited college or university in the United States.)
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded for specializing in the development of interactive entertainment Possible career paths include (but are not limited to) Art, Animation, Programming, Engineering, Game Direction, Game Design, Sound Design and Music Composition.
Deadline:June 30, 2015
Funded By: Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Randy Pausch Scholarship is targeted for Students of USA
‣ Award No: Two $2,500 Randy Pausch scholarships will be awarded to two different students for the 2014-2015 academic school year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Each award is for the duration of one year.
‣ Scholarship covers: Two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded.
‣ In the memory of Dr. Randy Pausch, Computer Science Professor and Co-Founder of the Entertainment Technology Center at Carnegie Mellon University, the Randy Pausch Scholarship was established by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences in 2008 .
‣ 2015 Randy Pausch Scholarship Fund has been established to support students who are pursuing careers specializing in the development of interactive entertainment.
‣ Possible career paths include (but are not limited to) art, animation, programming, engineering, game direction, game design, sound design, and music composition.
Selection Criteria for 2015 Randy Pausch Scholarship
‣ 2015 Randy Pausch scholarships will be awarded on the basis of completed application, required documentation, specific criteria and weighted criteria (weights in service, leadership, character, and financial need).
Scholarship Application Method
Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences c/o Randy Pausch Scholarship Fund 2355 Westwood Blvd. #813 Los Angeles, CA 90064 Postmark Deadline: June 30, 2015
For questions, please visit www.interactive.org/foundation/scholarships.asp or email Debby Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application form ( http://www.interactive.org/images/pdfs/Randy-Pausch-Scholarship-Form-2015.pdf)
1. Completed and signed application (page 2 of this form). nd 2. Verification of enrollment in an undergraduate (minimum 2 year) or graduate studies program for the 2014-2015
academic year. 3. Two page (maximum) letter from you including:
a. Information about your studies and how you will benefit the game industry.
b. Statement addressing your service, leadership, character, and financial need. 4. Two current, signed letters of recommendation:
a. Letters of recommendation must be from colleagues or professors from your current academic program, administration, and/or professors who know you individually. b. Letters of recommendations must address your potential to make significant contribution to the game industry through character, service, or leadership abilities.
5. Your most recent official college/university transcript (with school stamp, school official’s signature, or embossed stamp/seal) and school’s grading system.
6. You must be able to provide documentation showing the deposit of scholarship funds to your educational institution as well as a transcript for the 2015-2016 academic year. If unable to do so, you forfeit the scholarship and must return the funds within six weeks of written notice.
‣ Completed/signed application with all supporting documentation must be postmarked.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 30, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.