2015 Raman Research Institute PhD Scholarship for Indian Students , and applications are submitted till March 31, 2015. Raman Research Institute invites applications from motivated and qualified students to apply for PhD admission in 2015. Selected students are paid a scholarship of Rs. 25,000/-per month for the first two years and Rs. 28,000/- thereafter for the next three years, subject to satisfactory progress. In addition, they are paid a book grant of Rs.5,000/- per annum for four years. Research scholars undergo intensive course work during the first year. On successful completion of the course work and other requirements for confirmation of the candidature, they will be registered for a PhD degree with the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Level: PhD programme.
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded in the following research areas: Astronomy and Astrophysics (Cosmology and Galaxy Formation, Normal and Active Galaxies, Clusters of Galaxies, The Galaxy & the Interstellar Medium, The Intergalactic Medium, Neutron Stars, Pulsars and X-ray Binaries and Signal Processing in Astronomy); Chemistry (Synthesis and Study of Liquid Crystals and Nanomaterials and Soft Matter Chemistry); Light and Matter Physics (Bose Einstein Condensation, Laser Cooling & Trapping of Atoms, Ultra-cold Molecules, Propagation of Light in Random Media, Quantum Optics, Nonlinear Optics, Ultrafast Phenomena, Intense Laser Field Interactions, Quantum Information and Computation and Fundamental tests of Quantum Mechanics); Soft Condensed Matter (Liquid Crystals, Amphiphilic Systems, Colloids, Nanomaterials, Surface Science, Granular Materials and Experimental Biological Physics) and Theoretical Physics (Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics, Classical & Quantum Gravity, Gravitational Waves, Physics in Biology and Differential Geometry in Physics).
Deadline: March 31, 2015.
Funded By: Raman Research Institute (RRI)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Raman Research Institute PhD Scholarship is targeted for Indian applicants
‣ Award No: The maximum number of PhD students to be selected in 2015: Physics-23, Chemistry-2.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is awarded for a maximum of four years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Students are paid a scholarship of Rs. 25,000/-per month for the first two years and Rs. 28,000/- thereafter for the next three years, subject to satisfactory progress. In addition, they are paid a book grant of Rs.5,000/- per annum for four years. Hostel accommodation, if available, or HRA in lieu of will be provided for a period of five years. RRI encourages and supports participation of students in national and international conferences.
‣ Raman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier research institution for advanced research. Applications are invited from motivated and qualified students for admission to the PhD programme 2015.
‣ Research scholars undergo intensive course work during the first year. The medium of instruction is English.
‣ On successful completion of the course work and other requirements for confirmation of the candidature, they will be registered for a PhD degree with the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
‣ Candidates seeking admission in Physics must have MSc degree in Physics/Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent or first class B.E./B.Tech degree in Engineering.
‣ Candidates seeking admission in Chemistry/Nanotechnology or Nanoscience must have MSc degree in Chemistry with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
‣ Students who expect to complete their final degree in the academic year 2014-2015 may also apply, provided they can produce their final score card at the time of admission. Reservations for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be as per norms.
Selection Criteria for 2015 Raman Research Institute PhD Scholarship
‣ The candidates seeking admission are called for interview based on:
Notification for 2015 Raman Research Institute PhD Scholarship
‣ Call letters for written test/interviews will be sent around mid-April, 2015.
‣ All candidates need to apply for admissions at RRI. Students can apply online. For those who have difficulty in applying online, hard copy of the application forms can be requested from the admissions office, by sending a self-addressed envelope (25 x 20 cm).
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Last date for requesting the printed application forms is March 15, 2015 and last date for receiving the completed application forms (both online and hardcopy submission) is March 31, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.