2015 PhD Research Fellowships at IEG for International Students in Germany, and applications are submitted till August 1, 2014. The Leibniz-Institute of European History (IEG) is offering research fellowships in history, theology and other historical subjects. These fellowships are awarded for PhD students to pursue their individual research projects up to 12 months and for a research stay in Mainz from January 2015 or later for at least 6 months. Applicants of any national background can apply for these fellowships. Applicants should not have pursued their PhD-work for more than three years when taking up the fellowship and should have a sufficient command of German so as to participate in discussions at the Institute. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level:Fellowships ( available for PhD students to pursue their individual research projects.)
Field(s): history, theology and other historical subjects.
Deadline: August 1, 2014
Funded By: The Leibniz-Institute of European History (IEG)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 PhD Research Fellowships at IEG is targeted for International Students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Research fellows live and work for at least 6 months and up to 12 months at the Institute in Mainz and can pursue their individual PhD-project.
‣ Scholarship covers: Funding is € 1.200/month. They are also invited to collaborate with the academic staff of the IEG, according to their particular fields and interests. The Institute’s specialist library and the wider academic infrastructure of Mainz are available to them for their research.
‣ The 2015 PhD Research Fellowships at IEG awards research fellowships for international junior scientist in history, theology and other historical subjects.
‣ The IEG promotes research on the historical foundations of Europe from the early modern period to contemporary history, particularly their religious, political and social dimensions.
‣ Projects dealing with European communication and transfer processes as well as projects focusing on questions related to theology, church history and intellectual history are particularly welcome.
‣ Applicants must have a first degree in history, theology or another historical subject.
‣ They should not have pursued their PhD-work for more than three years when taking up the fellowship.
‣ PhD-theses continue to be supervised and are completed under the auspices of the fellows’ home universities.
‣ Fellows are obliged to register officially in Mainz and to reside and take part in events at the Institute.
‣ They should have a sufficient command of German so as to participate in discussions at the Institute.
‣ Fellows are not permitted to undertake paid work while receiving the IEG-scholarship.
‣ Please send your application via e-mail (ieg3-at-ieg-mainz.de) to: Institute for European History.
‣ Please attach (as one file) the application form including
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on August 1, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.