2015 PhD Positions for Italian and International Applicants at University of Genoa in Italy and applications are submitted till 30th June, 2014. Applications are invited for PhD Positions within the Department of Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications Engineering and Naval Architecture (DITEN), University of Genova. Both Italian and international applicants can apply for these positions. Two positions will be available for a period of 3 years starting in 2015. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Genoa | Italy
Level: PhD Research Project
Field(s): Positions are available in the following research areas: 1) Bayesian networks and graph signal processing for cognitive dynamic systems: The proposed PhD involves the study of problems mainly related to modelling of users’ emotional states. Specifically signals acquired from egocentric vision sensors (e.g. Google glasses) will be considered for characterizing emotional behaviors of both single users and complex active entities (e.g. crowds). Activities will be oriented to address the use of developed methods within bio-inspired cognitive artificial systems for physical security and telecommunications. Possibility will be open during the PhD to join ongoing funded research projects when available within the joint labs ISIP40 has with industries (e.g. Technoaware, Telecom, ligurian industrial district SIIT). 2) Modelling dynamic spectrum access strategies for Cognitive Radio networks The proposed PhD involves the study of cognitive radio networks under the viewpoint of designing bio-inspired learning approaches that allow adaptive methods for analysis and decision to evolve under the environmental operating conditions. Focus will be on Bayesian methods and
game theory approach for modelling dynamic strategies for opportunistic spectrum access. Possibility will be open during the PhD to join ongoing funded research projects when available within the joint labs ISIP40 has with industries (e.g. Technoaware, Telecom, ligurian industrial district SIIT).
Deadline: 30th June, 2014.
Funded By: University of Genoa
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 PhD Positions for Italian and International Applicants are targeted for Italian and international applicants.
‣ Award No: Two PhD positions are available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Positions are available for a period of 3 years starting in 2015.
‣ Scholarship covers: The research grant consists of about 14Keuro/year.
‣ 2015 PhD Positions for Italian and International Applicants Applications are invited for 2 PhD open positions, starting at the beginning of 2015 with ISIP40 research group of the Department of Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications Engineering and Naval Architecture (DITEN), University of Genova – Genova.
‣ Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento or Laurea Specialistica degree for Italian applicants in one of the following fields (or another relate field);
‣ Master of Science or equivalent degree for applicants from abroad: Telecommunication Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Information Engineering, IT and Computer Science (or Laurea degree in Informatics),
‣ Basic knowledge in the following topics: Signal Processing (applicants for Radio field ), Communication Systems (applicants for Radio field ), Pattern Recognition (applicants for both fields) and Image/Video Processing (applicants for Video field). -English knowledge.
‣ The application is divided into two phases.
‣ In the first phase the interested applicants should send their complete C.V. and two recommendation letters to Professor Lucio Marcenaro, e-mail: lucio.marcenaro-at-unige.it -In the second phase, applicants whose CV fits with requirements will be encouraged and advised to present an application for the official admission competition at Genoa University online application closing at the end of July 2014.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 20th, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.