2015 OAS-GCUB Scholarship for Master and Doctoral Students in Brazil , and applications are submitted till July 24, 2016. Applications are invited for OAS-GCUB scholarship program for pursuing masters’ and doctoral programme at Brazilian universities. Applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of any OAS Member State except from Brazil. Scholarship covers airfare, medical insurance in Brazil, additional subsistence expenses, visa fees, any other expenses not described as benefit of this scholarship. The benefits are available for up to 24 months for master’s and 48 months for doctoral degrees. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Brazil
Level: masters’ and doctoral programme
Field(s): any course offered by the university.
Deadline: July 26, 2016.
Funded By: The Organization of American States (OAS) and the Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB), with the support of the Division of Educational Topics of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Brazil, through the OAS Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC).
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 OAS-GCUB Scholarship is targeted for Students of OAS Member State (Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica (Commonwealth of), Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis,
Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Bahamas (Commonwealth of), Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America, Uruguay and Venezuela)
‣ No. of awards: not specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The benefits are available for up to 24 months for Master’s and 48 months for Doctoral degrees.
‣Value of Scholarship : Scholarship covers Airfare, Medical Insurance in Brazil, Additional subsistence expenses, Visa fees, any other expenses not described as benefit of this scholarship.
‣ The Organization of American States (OAS) and the Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB), with the support of the Division of Educational Topics of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Brazil, through the OAS Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC), are offering scholarships to qualified candidates of the Americas to participate in Master’s and Doctoral programs in Brazilian universities.
‣ Applicants must not have received other academic scholarships from the OAS or from Brazil for the same level of studies as that for which they want to apply.
‣ Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or (equivalent) to apply to a Master’s degree program, and a Master’s degree diploma to apply to a Doctoral program
‣ There is no portuguese language requirement at the application stage. Those selected to receive the scholarship must show proof of superior intermediate level of Portuguese before completing their studies in Brazil
‣ Applicants must complete and submit the online Scholarship Application Form. Incomplete Applications will not be considered
‣ Applicants must read, understand and accept the Announcement/Edict in its entirety
Selection criteria for 2015 OAS-GCUB Scholarship
‣ The evaluation process of the OAS/GCUB PAEC 2015 scholarship applications consists of three eliminatory phases.
‣ Any applicant may be dismissed at any phase if s/he does not fulfill all requirements of each phase.
‣ First Phase: Verification of consistency in the documentation
‣ Second Phase: Examination of merit and admissibility by the University
‣ Third Phase: Final Selection.
‣ Results will publish on the website on Nov 2, 2015.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are submitted via online using the Application Form
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on July 26, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.