2015 NICTA-UNSW Undergraduate Research Scholarships in Australia, and applications are submitted till 30 September 2014. Applications are invited for undergraduate research scholarships to pursue exciting and challenging research during bachelor degree studies (BE or BSc or a BE or BE ME) at UNSW. Scholarships are awarded to students enrolling in degree programs in the Schools of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications and Computer Science and Engineering. Scholarship holders will be required to undertake three summer placements, two with research groups at the National ICT Australia (NICTA) and one with a research group within the University. At the end of Year 1 students will complete 6 weeks placement and then two 12 weeks placements at the end of Years 2 & 3. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Australia
Level: pursue exciting and challenging research during bachelor degree studies (BE or BSc or a BE or BE ME) at UNSW.
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded within the schools of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications and Computer Science and Engineering.
Deadline: 30 September 2014
Funded By: National ICT Australia (NICTA) and UNSW
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 NICTA-UNSW Undergraduate Research Scholarships are targeted for Students of Australia
‣ Award No: Up to 3 research scholarships are awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for up to 4 years
‣ Scholarship covers: A NICTA-UNSW Research Scholarship provides: -$12,000 p.a. for every year of study -Eight months of research training with up to three different research groups during your degree -Unique opportunities to experience the R&D environment and gain research skills before you even complete your degree -Ongoing membership of a research group, and opportunities to work with world-renowned researchers -An Academic Co-ordinator who can offer advice and support throughout your degree -Exposure to the commercialisation process – see how technologies are born, nurtured as start-up companies and grown into industry leaders If you are selected to be a NICTA-UNSW Research Scholar, you join a new elite group of students on an accelerated path towards R&D careers in technologies that are still yet to be conceived.
‣ For high achieving students interested in engineering, mathematics and computer science, this new 2015 NICTA-UNSW Undergraduate Research Scholarships program offers opportunities to pursue exciting and challenging research during bachelor degree studies.
‣ The program is possibly the first of its kind in Australia. If you have a passion for solving problems, a desire to work right at the cutting edge of technology development, and an excellent academic record, applying to this scholarship program is a must.
‣ Research Scholars with the following attributes are particularly encouraged to apply: Consistently achieves excellent academic results, demonstrated interest in research, shows initiative and independence, strongly self-motivated, clear intention to pursue an engineering study program, ambitious and keen to contribute to their field of study, aware of what an R&D career entails and able to communicate technical concepts clearly.
‣ Available to Australian citizens or permanent residents.
‣ Academic merit including outstanding performance in Maths Extension 1 and/or 11 and/or Physics, or equivalent.
‣ Excellence in activities additional to the school curriculum that demonstrate creativity, innovation, technical ability, problem-solving skills, thought leadership, organisational skills, perseverance and attention to detail.
‣ Independence and self-motivation as a learner, as a thinker, and during the execution of activities, as demonstrated through high school curricular and/or extra-curricular activities. -Excellent technical communication skills.
‣ Demonstrated interest in pursuing a research or R & D career, and clearly evident interest and aptitude for electrical or telecommunications engineering or computer science studies.
‣ Shortlisted applicants will normally be notified by November. Interviews of shortlisted applicants will typically be held in mid-November.
‣ All applications must be received online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 September 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...