2015 Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme for Physical Disabled Students, and applications are submitted till 31st March 2015. Applications are invited for Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme from young African students with permanent physical disabilities. Scholarships are awarded to undertake a full time Masters programme in African Universities which have appropriate facilities and good services for the disabled students. Applicants must be a Citizen of an African Union Member State. Physical disabilities include: visual impairments (partial or total loss of sight, blindness), Hearing impairments (hardness of hearing, deafness) and Mobility impairments (partial or total physical functional limitation). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | African Union Member State
Level: Masters programme
Field(s): Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Education Sciences and Sports Sciences.
Deadline: 31st March 2015
Funded By: Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, African Union Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme is targeted for Citizens of an African Union Member State (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply to apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is awarded for maximum for two academic years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship award covers the following:
2015 Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme was launched in
2007 with the aim of contributing to the production and retention of
high calibre African human capital for sustainable development of the
continent in critical development areas, while promoting regional
integration through intra-African mobility of students.
‣ The Scholarship Scheme is intended to enable young Africans to study in leading African Universities with a binding agreement that beneficiaries will work in an African country for at least the same duration of scholarship period after graduation.
‣ Be a Citizen of an African Union Member State.
‣ Have a physical disability.
‣ Be under the age of thirty five (35) years.
‣ Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field, at the level of Upper Second Class Honours. The degree must be from a reputable University.
‣ Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards if any.
‣ Have proof of admission to undertake a full time Masters programme in a recognized university of an African Union Member State.
‣ Be willing to commit to work in an African Union Member State on completion of studies for at least three (3) years.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants must scan and produce electronic copies of all the below documents (converted to PDF format) and send via e-mail. In addition two (2) sets of hard copies of the below documents must be sent by post.
‣ The applicants should submit their formal 2015 Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme application which should include the following:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st March 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.