2015 MMMF Grant for Women of Developing Countries in South Africa, and applications are submitted till August 31, 2014. Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund is offering grant for women of developing countries in South Africa. Applicant must be women and enrolled at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch or the University of Witwatersrand. After the completion of the program applicants must return to their home countries. Applicants must be in financial need and must have good academic performance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Witwatersrand, University Stellenbosch, University of Pretoria and University of Capetown | South Africa
Level: Grant (Grant is available for students who are currently studying at the University of Witwatersrand, University Stellenbosch, University of Pretoria and University of Capetown}
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the University of Witwatersrand, University Stellenbosch, University of Pretoria and University of Capetown.
Deadline: August 31, 2014.
Funded By: The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 MMMF Grant for Women of Developing Countries are targeted for Women applicants of developing countries (Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde,
Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza,
Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay)
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: MMMF awards grants of approximately US$4,000 each.
‣ For students from developing countries who are currently studying in South Africa at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch and the University of Witwatersrand.
‣ Eligible applicants are women from developing countries who are currently studying in South Africa at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch and the University of Witwatersrand.
‣ Demonstrate a commitment and record of service to women and/or children in the developing world.
‣ Plan to return to a developing country about two years after completing use of the MMMF grant.
‣ Demonstrate financial need by providing relevant financial information and updated information on other scholarships needed.
‣ Be enrolled in an accredited educational institution in a country where MMMF implements its programs for the full academic year in which the application is submitted and the entire period covered by the grant.
‣ Be a national of an eligible developing country
‣ Demonstrate satisfactory academic performance at the university where she is registered.
‣ Be at least 25 years old by the relevant application deadline.
‣ Not be an immediate or extended family member of any World Bank Group, IMF or Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) staff member or his/her spouse
‣ Not received a MMMF grant in any prior year.
‣ Selected recipients for the 2015 MMMF Grant for Women of Developing Countries
will be notified by December 2015 at the earliest.
‣ Applicants can apply online. http://www.mmmf-grants.org/memorial/
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on August 31, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.