Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowships for Canadian and International Applicants in Canada, and applications are submitted till August 24, 2016, at 1 p.m. PDT. Applications are invited for Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowship, a two-year training program that supports the professional skills development of the recent PhD graduates. Fellowships are awarded to work on a two-year research project with applicant’s partner organization and university faculty supervisor, typically spending half of the fellowship with each. Fellows who have held a Mitacs-Accelerate award as a Masters or PhD student are eligible to apply, but must not have received a Mitacs-Accelerate award since graduating from their PhD program. Postdoctoral fellows who have already held a Mitacs Elevate award are not eligible. Mitacs Elevate is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international applicants. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level: Training (two-year training program for postdoctoral fellows in which participants lead and undertake an industrially relevant research project)
Field(s): Over the two-year fellowship, Elevate fellows develop career-ready skills in areas such as project management, entrepreneurship and presentation skills, while applying both their expertise and professional skill set in the real-world environment of their partner organization through a 2-year research project.
Deadline: August 24, 2016, at 1 p.m. PDT
Funded By: Mitacs Elevate
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):2015 Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for Canadian and international applicants.
‣ Award No: The Mitacs Elevate Review Committee will decide the number of fellowship awards at the time of review, dependent upon quality of submissions and available funding.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Mitacs Elevate program is a 2-year program. In order to receive funds in the second year, fellows must have continued financial support from their partner, participate in training in the first year, and provide a research report before the end of the first year. In certain cases, academic supervisors may also be required to contribute funding support in lieu of provincial support for the second year.
‣ Scholarship covers: Successful 2015 Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowships applicants who have secured a partner organization receive a Mitacs Elevate award of $57,500 per year for two years for a total award of $115,000, as well as the mandatory R&D management training curriculum ($15,000 non-cash value over two years); a minimum stipend / salary of $50,000 per year is allocated to the fellow and up to $7,500 is allocated to research costs. Mitacs follows tri-council guidelines with respect to the use of funds towards eligible research costs. Awards are typically forwarded annually as a lump sum of $57,500 to the supervising faculty member, to be held as a research grant at their home university, pending Mitacs receipt of the following: -the $25,000 annual partner contribution -in lieu of provincial funding, documentation that a $20,000 annual contribution will be made available to the fellow (for applicants at Mitacs Honorary or non-member universities in Saskatchewan, Ontario, PEI and Newfoundland). -any necessary documentation such as a Declaration of Conflict of Interest; Environmental Impact Assessment; permits or licenses; University Research Ethics Board report; University Animal Care Committee report; biohazards review report; and/or other documentation as appropriate.
‣ Mitacs Elevate is a two-year training program for 2015 Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowships fellows, in which participants lead and undertake an industrially relevant research project.
‣ During this time, fellows receive experiential training in R&D directly through their industry-academic research collaboration and leadership training and business acumen through the program’s training curriculum.
‣ With a suite of skills development workshops and activities unique to Mitacs Elevate, fellows learn about communication, leadership & management and other critical business skills relevant to R&D management careers in academia and industry.
‣ These 2015 Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowships training opportunities complement fellows’ specialized expertise and ensure they are ready to lead large-scale research projects throughout their careers.
‣ Postdoctoral fellows & supervising professors based at eligible universities are welcome to apply for a Mitacs Elevate fellowship if they meet the criteria below.
‣ Postdoctoral fellows may apply for Mitacs Elevate fellowship if their date of graduation from a PhD program is no more than 5 years prior to the proposed start date of the research project.
‣ Fellows who have had a break in their career due to military service, illness, or family leave may be considered as exceptions and must be approved in advance of proposal submission. If you have any questions, please contact Mitacs at elevate(at)mitacs.ca.
‣ Fellows who have held a Mitacs-Accelerate award as a Masters or PhD student are eligible to apply, but must not have received a Mitacs-Accelerate award since graduating from their PhD program.
‣ Postdoctoral fellows who have already held a Mitacs Elevate award are not eligible.
‣ 2015 Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Fellowships is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international applicants. The fellow must be based at a university located in the same province as the partner organization for the duration of the fellowship. Applicants in all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
‣ Awards will be announced by November 4, 2014.
‣ Applicants are encouraged to submit a Letter of Intent before submitting a full application.
‣ The Intent to Apply must be submitted via the Mitacs Elevate web form Applicants must email their application package to elevate(at)mitacs.ca.
‣ A complete application package for Elevate 2-year fellowships consists of the following: -
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The application deadline is August 24, 2016, at 1 p.m. PD
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.