2017 European Respiratory Society Research Fellowships (RESPIRE 2) for International Applicants , and applications are submitted till 3 July, 2017 at 23:59 (Central European Time). European Respiratory society is inviting applications for ERS/EU RESPIRE 2 Postdoctoral Research Fellowships. These are co-funded by the European Union (EU) under the PEOPLE Marie Curie Actions COFUND programme of the EU’s Seventh Research Framework Programme (FP7). Fellowships are offered for researchers to carry out advanced research projects (24 months) of scientific excellence in the area of respiratory medicine and science in a European country other than the candidate’s own, within a certified RESPIRE 2 Host Centre. Fellowships are open to all nationalities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Fellowship is to be undertaken in a European country other than the candidate’s own, within a certified RESPIRE 2 Host Centre (Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, UK, Portugal, Northern Ireland, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Germany, France and Belgium)
Level: RESPIRE 2 Fellowships are offered for researchers to carry out advanced research projects (24 months) of scientific excellence.
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in the area of respiratory medicine and science.
Deadline: 3 July, 2017 at 23:59 (Central European Time).
Funded By: This fellowship programme RESPIRE 2 is co-financed by the European Union through the Marie Curie
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are targeted for Applicants of any country can apply for these postdoctoral research fellowships.
‣ No. of awards: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The fellowship duration is 24 months exactly (may not be reduced nor split).
‣Value of Scholarship :
– Attractive compensation to fellows (€50,000 per fellow-year)
– Allowing for travel, mobility & career development costs during the fellowship (€14,600 per fellow-year)
– Career development oriented host institution requirements
– Training events in scientific and non-scientific skills
– Scientific and admin/process mentoring
– Encouraging return from a career break – pre-evaluation review of applications
‣ The ERS is pleased to present the ERS/EU RESPIRE 2 Post-doctoral Research Fellowships Programme co-funded by the European Union (EU) under the PEOPLE Marie Curie Actions COFUND programme of the EU’s Seventh Research Framework Programme (FP7).
‣ Grant number: RESPIRE 2, PCOFUNDGA-2012-600368, Respiratory Science Promoted by International Research Exchanges 2.
‣ Applicants must have as a minimum, at least 1 first-author publication having been published (or having already been accepted for publishing) in an international peer-reviewed journal at the time of application.
‣ Experienced researchers from any discipline are welcome, even those not traditionally associated with respiratory research, so long as a clear benefit to the broad domain of respiratory science is established in the application. RESPIRE 2 covers and welcomes all disciplines of respiratory science/medicine and beyond to domains incl. immunology, modelling and systems biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, mathematics, engineering, etc.
‣ The proposed research should be cutting-edge science and have high impact to the broad domain of respiratory science, while serving the goal of promoting the ERS Roadmap and efforts on chronic disease across all disciplines.
‣ The 2017 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are intended to support clinical research, translational research and basic science projects.
‣ Candidates should possess appropriate scientific, medical qualifications (academic) and/or experience (professional), and/or be engaged in research/science/practice that is relevant to the specific fellowship project/topic applied for.
‣ The 2015 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Research Fellowships programme is open to ERS members and non-members. Candidates under 35 years are encouraged to benefit from the “Under 35 Silver” ERS membership which is free of charge and offers an advantageous package of ERS resources and benefits
‣ RESPIRE 2 is open to candidates of all nationalities, whether based in Europe or not, however the fellowship is to be carried out in Europe and exclusively in one of the eligible RESPIRE 2 Host Centres
‣ Candidates must have adequate fluency in a language that permits effective communication at the Host Institute.
‣ When applying the candidate’s application must already involve an agreement with the Host Centre, where the fellowship project will be carried out.
Selection Criteria for 2017 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
‣ Each application will be graded by a panel of at least 5 experts from the ERS College of Experts who are selected by the Research Director as being experienced in their respective fields while avoiding conflicts of interest.
‣ The scoring is undertaken according to 3 weighted criteria:
‣ Candidates pre-selected for interviews (only) will be contacted around end of October 2017.
‣ Applications are submitted via Online Application
The following items are required as part of your application:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 3 July, 2017 at 23:59 (Central European Time).
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.