2015 Maastricht University High Potential Scholarships for International Students in Netherlands , and applications are submitted till 15 January, 2015. Maastricht University is offering high potential scholarships for international students. Scholarships are awarded to students for pursuing master’s and graduate programme within the faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Humanities and Sciences, Law, Psychology and Neuroscience and School of Business and Economics. Scholarship is granted for the duration a maximum of 12 months. In case of a two-year Master’s programme the scholarship committee will award the scholarship for a maximum of 24 months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Maastricht University | Netherlands
Level: Master’s and Graduate Programme
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded within the faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Humanities and Sciences, Law, Psychology and Neuroscience and School of Business and Economics.
Funded By: Maastricht University
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Maastricht University High Potential Scholarships are targeted for Students of outside the EU/EEA
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The High Potential scholarship is awarded for the duration of the Master’s programme, with a maximum of 12 months. In case of a two-year Master’s programme, the Scholarship Committee will award the scholarship for a maximum of 24 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarship includes: -living expenses per month: € 765 -Insurance: max. € 520 (arranged and paid by Scholarship Office) -Visa Costs: max. € 300 (arranged and paid by Scholarship Office) -Tuition fee: max. € 14.000 (arranged and paid by Scholarship Office).
‣ Maastricht University aims to further strengthen its position as a leading European university offering high-quality education with an international orientation.
‣ To this end, the university implements a pro-active recruitment policy for international students, in particular for the Master’s programmes.
‣ 2015 Maastricht University High Potential Scholarships are made available by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund in order to encourage talented students from outside the EU/EEA to follow a Master’s programme at Maastricht University.
‣ One of these scholarships is the Maastricht University High Potential scholarship.
‣ Applicants must be admissible for a master’s programme or graduate programme for professionals at Maastricht University and must not be older than 35 years at the start of the academic year.
‣ You may apply simultaneously for a master’s programme and this scholarship.
‣ Scholarship applicants must have obtained excellent results in their previous studies.
‣ This must be shown in the application file by including, for example, grade lists or reference letters. In case of equivalent qualification, preference will be given to applications, which show that the applicant is among the top 5%.
‣ Applicants must come from a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
Selection Criteria for 2015 Maastricht University High Potential Scholarships
‣ For the scholarship assessment, the scholarship committee takes all elements of the application into account, including the level of previous study programmes, academic excellence, motivation, status of the home institution, the connection with the prior study programme.
‣ The scholarship outcome will be announced in early February for first deadline and the scholarship outcome will be announced in early April (second deadline).
‣ Students can download the application form here.
‣ On the section Application and Selection, they can find information about how to send in the application form. This differs per faculty.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 January, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.