2015 LogiCS Doctoral Positions for International Students in Computer Science, Austria, and applications are submitted till July 1, 2015. Applications are invited for doctoral positions in Computer Science for a period of 3 years. The funding can be extended for one additional year contingent on a placement at one of international partner institutions. Up to 30% of the positions are reserved for highly qualified female candidates. Candidates with comparable achievements will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Citizens from all countries who have completed an excellent diploma or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field are eligible to apply. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at three Austrian universities: Vienna University of Technology, Graz University of Technology and Johannes Kepler University Linz | Austria
Level: PhD program
Field(s): Positions are available in the field of Computer Science. The LogiCS doctoral college focuses on interdisciplinary research topics covering
Deadline: July 1, 2015.
Funded By: Austrian Science Fund
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 logics doctoral positions are targeted for Citizens from all countries can apply for these doctoral positions
‣ No. of awards: One doctoral student position per faculty member is available where 30% of the positions are reserved for highly qualified female candidates.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : These doctoral positions are available for a period of 3 years. The funding can be extended for one additional year contingent on a placement at one of international partner institutions.
‣Value of Scholarship : In accordance with FWF regulations and the collective bargaining agreement of the Austrian universities, the doctoral students will be employed as a researcher at a yearly salary of EUR 20,047.38 after taxes and social/health insurance deductions (effective April 2014; the average Austrian salary over all age groups is EUR 20,596.00). There are additional salary supplements and tax deductions for families with children.
‣ LogiCS is a doctoral college focusing on logic and its applications in computer science. Successful applicants will work with and be supervised by leading researchers in the fields of computational logic, databases and knowledge representation, and computer-aided verification.
‣ Candidates with comparable achievements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications by the candidates need to be submitted electronically.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on July 1, 2015.
‣ Application forms ( Application Form ) and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.