2015 Leakey Foundation Research Grants for International Students, USA , and applications are submitted till January 5th, 2015. The Leakey Foundation is awarding research grants for advanced doctoral students (advanced to candidacy – all but dissertation) and established scientists. The Foundation funds research related specifically to human origins. Research Grants are awarded twice annually (in May and December). The majority of the Foundation’s Research Grants to doctoral students are in the $3,000 to a maximum of $15,000 range. Larger grants, especially to senior scientists and post-doctoral students, may be funded up to $25,000. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level:Grants are available to undertake research.
Field(s): Grants are awarded for research related specifically to human origins, including paleoanthropology, genetics, primate behavior and the behavioral ecology of contemporary hunter-gatherers.
Deadline: January 5th, 2015.
Funded By: The Leakey Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Leakey Foundation Research Grants are Open for International Students(There are no citizenship restrictions.)
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: The majority of the Foundation’s Research Grants to doctoral students are in the $3,000 to a maximum of $15,000 range. The limit of funding for a single proposal submitted by a post-doctoral applicant or a senior scientist is $25,000.
‣ Leakey Foundation Research Grants are awarded twice annually (in May and December) and constitute the majority of the Foundation’s grant program.
‣ The Foundation funds research related specifically to human origins.
‣ Advanced doctoral students (advanced to candidacy – all but dissertation) and established scientists are eligible for general research grants. There are no citizenship restrictions. However, all applications must be in English.
‣ Grant proposals are sent to scientists with pertinent expertise for peer review, evaluated by the Scientific Executive Committee, and must be approved for funding by the Board of Trustees.
‣ Applicants are welcome to suggest potential peer reviewers. Edited reviews will be sent to applicants.
‣ These reviews are intended to offer constructive criticism. Final decisions are also based on consideration of the current applicant pool, the relevancy of your proposal to understanding human origins, and the funds available during a given year.
‣ Decisions for the Spring Cycle are announced in mid-May.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 5th, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.