2015 Japanese Government Scholarship for Specialized Training College Students , and applications are submitted till Applications are open for Japanese Government Scholarships available for international students to pursuing training programme at a Japanese specialized training college. Scholarship awards will be tenable for three years from April 2015 to March 2018 including one-year preparatory education in the Japanese language and other subjects due to be provided upon arrival in Japan. The deadline of the applications differs according to the country. Please contact with Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Japan
Level: Training Programme.
Field(s): Those who wish to study in Japan as a student at a specialized training college should choose a field of study to major in from (1) to (7): Technology, Personal Care and Nutrition, Education and Welfare, Business, Fashion and Home Economics, Culture and General Education and Other Fields. Note: Applicants who select “Other Subjects” for a field of study should specify their chosen subject in “Chosen field of study and subjects in Japan (First choice of subjects, Second choice of subjects)” on the application form.
Deadline: The deadline of the applications differs according to the country. Please contact with Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country.
Funded By: The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
Funded By: The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Japanese Government Scholarship is targeted for Students who have the nationality of a country which has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government (Asia-Pacific: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Kiribati, Republic of Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam. North America: Canada and United States of America. Latin America and the Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Argentine, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Commonwealth of Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay and Venezuela. Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Republic of Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan and Vatican. Middle East: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen and Palestinian Authority.
Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabonese Republic, Gambia, Ghana, Republic of Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe
, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Zambia, Uganda and Zimbabwe) can apply for this 2015 Japanese Government Scholarship
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: 2015 Japanese Government Scholarship awards will be tenable for three years from April 2015 to March 2018 including one-year preparatory education in the Japanese language and other subjects due to be provided upon arrival in Japan. If a scholarship grantee graduates from a specialized training college and is admitted to a Japanese university as a junior transferee, he/she may have the term of his/her scholarship extended upon successful examination by MEXT provided that he/she has outstanding academic achievement that meets certain criteria.
‣ Scholarship covers: Allowance: Each 2015 Japanese Government Scholarship grantee will be provided monthly with 117,000 yen. An additional monthly stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 yen may be provided to those undertaking study or research in specially designated regions). However, the amount of allowance will be subject to change, depending upon the annual budget of each year. The scholarship will not be paid to a grantee who takes a leave of absence or is long absent from his/her specialized training college or the preparatory Japanese-teaching institution. Traveling Costs: -Transportation to Japan: The recipient will be supplied generally, according to his/her itinerary and route as designated by MEXT, with an economy-class airplane ticket from the international airport nearest to his/her place of residence to the New Tokyo International Airport (or any other international airport that the preparatory school usually uses.) Expenses such as inland transportation from his/her home address to the international airport, airport tax, airport usage fees, special taxes on travel, or inland transportation within Japan will not be supplied. (The address in the country of the recipient’s nationality stated in the application form is in principle regarded as the recipient’s “home address.”). -Transportation from Japan: The recipient who returns to his/her home country within the fixed period after the expiration of his/her scholarship will be supplied generally, upon application, with an economy-class airplane ticket for the travel from the New Tokyo International Airport (or any other international airport that the appointed specialized training college uses as a normal route) to the international airport nearest to his/her home address. Note 1: If a grantee returns home without an extension though having applied for extension of scholarship period, he/she will not be paid travel expenses to return home in general. Note 2: Insurance premiums for travel to/from Japan shall be borne by the grantee. Note 3: If a grantee stays in Japan and gets a job after the scholarship period has ended, he/she will not be paid travel expenses to return home as the temporary return. School Fees: Fees for entrance examinations, matriculation, and tuition at a specialized training college will be paid by the Japanese government.
‣ The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) offers 2015 Japanese Government Scholarship to international students who wish to study at a Japanese specialized training college under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program for 2015.
‣ Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country which has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government.
‣ Stateless persons can be applicants, too. Applicants who have Japanese nationality at the time of application will not be eligible. Applicants screening will be made at the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General (hereinafter referred to as “Japanese diplomatic mission”) in the country of the applicants’ nationality.
‣ Applicants must have been born between April 2, 1993 and April 1, 1998.
‣ Academic Background: Applicants generally must have completed a 12-year school curriculum or graduated from a school equivalent to an upper secondary school in Japan. (Included is any Applicant who will satisfy the above qualifications by March 2015.)
‣ 2015 Japanese Government Scholarship Applicants must be willing to learn the Japanese language and receive education at a specialized training college in the Japanese language.
‣ Applicants must be mentally and physically healthy enough to pursue study at a specialized training college in Japan.
Arrival in Japan:
‣ In principle, the selected applicants must be able to leave for and arrive in Japan between the 1st and 7th of April 2015.
‣ Selected Applicants must acquire “College Student” visas before entering Japan. It should be issued at the Japanese diplomatic mission, located in the country of applicants’ nationality.
‣ Applicants who change their resident status to any status other than “College Student” after their arrival in Japan will immediately lose their status as Japanese government scholarship student.
‣ 2015 Japanese Government Scholarship Applicants who meet any or all of the following conditions are not eligible. If identified after acceptance of the scholarship grantees, the applicants will be required to withdraw from the 2015 Japanese Government Scholarship :
‣ In cooperation with the governments of the applicants’ countries the Japanese diplomatic mission will perform primary screening of applicants by means of submitted application documents, interviews and academic examinations.
‣ Results of primary screening will be notified to each applicant on the date designated by the Japanese diplomatic mission.
‣ 2015 Japanese Government Scholarship Applicants who have been selected by this primary screening will be recommended to MEXT. MEXT will conduct final selection of the recommended applicants and decide 2015 Japanese Government Scholarship grantees. MEXT may select candidates from each field of study.
‣ Applicants must submit the following documents to the Japanese diplomatic mission by the required date. The submitted documents will not be returned.
‣ Application Form (by the prescribed forms) -Placement Preference Form (prescribed form for applicants for direct placement only)
‣ Photographs (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm, Upper body, Full-faced, Uncapped) taken within the past 6 months (name and nationality should be written on the reverse photo to be pasted onto the application documents. Digital photographs also acceptable)
‣ Academic transcript for the past 3 years -Recommendation from the principal or the adviser of the last school attended
‣ Graduation certificate of the last school attended (or certificate of expected graduation for an applicant due to graduate)
‣ Certificate of passage of university entrance qualification examination (if applicable)
‣ Certificate of enrollment (for an applicant currently enrolled in a university)
‣ Medical certificate (on the prescribed form)
‣ Scholarship Applications Deadline: The deadline of the applications differs according to the country. Please contact with Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country. http://www.mofa.go.jp/about/emb_cons/mofaserv.html
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.