2015 Japan Foundation for UNU Scholarship Programme, Japan , and applications are submitted till 27 February 2015. United Nations University is offering sustainability scholarship for outstanding applicants from developing countries to undertake MSc programme. The JFUNU scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 150,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. The tuition fees are fully waived for the scholarship recipients. During admission selection process, outstanding applicants with financial need will be automatically considered as candidates for the award of the JFUNU scholarship. Thus, no separate application is necessary. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): UNU | Japan
Level: MSc programme
Field(s): Sustainability programme.
Deadline: 27 February 2015.
Funded By: United Nations University, Japan
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Japan Foundation for UNU Scholarship is targeted for Students from developing countries (Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras,
Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay).
‣ Award No: The 2015 Japan Foundation for UNU Scholarship is highly competitive and offered to a very small number of students who are granted admission to UNU-IAS.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The standard period of study for the UNU-IAS master’s programme is two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The JFUNU scholarship covers the full tuition fees, and provides a monthly allowance of 150,000 yen for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. Travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student.
‣ The Master of Science in Sustainability programme equips students with the knowledge and skills necessary to contribute to solving challenges of sustainability.
‣ Drawing on an innovative, interdisciplinary approach, the programme integrates methods and resources from the natural and social sciences, as well as the humanities.
‣ The programme builds on UNU’s strong record in research and capacity development, as well as the extensive network of scholars and academic institutions participating in UNU research.
‣ The 2015 Japan Foundation for UNU Scholarship programme is practically oriented, user-focused, and of the highest academic quality. It is intended for recent graduates, professionals and practitioners interested in the unique opportunity to study at a global university and gain valuable skills, which will enable them as international professionals to meaningfully contribute to the work of governments, civil society, the private sector, and the UN and other international organizations.
‣ A strong interest in sustainability studies.
‣ Demonstrated commitment to study and understand global issues.
‣ A completed bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university or institution of higher education in a field related to sustainability. Those who expect to graduate and have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent conferred before September 2015 may also apply.
‣ A GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale on the bachelor’s degree earned.
‣ English language proficiency.
‣ English Language Requirements: The minimum score requirements for English language qualifications required by UNU-IAS are: 600 in TOEFL – Paper-Based Testing (PBT), 100 in TOEFL – Internet-Based Testing (IBT) and 7.0 in IELTS – Academic format
Selection Criteria for 2015 Japan Foundation for UNU Scholarship
‣ During admission selection process, outstanding applicants from developing countries with financial need will be automatically considered as candidates for the award of the JFUNU scholarship.
‣ The successful applicants will be notified by email to the address provided on Application Form. Necessary documents for the admission procedure will be sent together with a letter of acceptance.
‣ The application for admission should be submitted online. During admission selection process, outstanding applicants from developing countries with financial need will be automatically considered as candidates for the award of the JFUNU scholarship.
‣ Thus, no separate application is necessary.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 27 February 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.