2015 IPNI Scholar Award for International Graduate Students , and applications are submitted till 30 April 2015. International Plant Nutrition Institute is offering scholar award for graduate students for either a M.Sc. Or PhD degree in agronomy, soil science or a related field. Applicants who have already completed their degrees are ineligible. In the case of Ph.D. candidates, preference will be given to students who have a minimum of one year remaining before completion of their studies. Priority will be given to the relevance of the proposed research in support of IPNI’s mission. Awards of US$2,000 each will be conferred to deserving graduate students. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Worldwide (where an IPNI program exists)
Level: graduate degree (M.S. or PhD) at a degree-granting institution located in any country.
Field(s): Awards are provided in the field of sciences relevant to plant nutrition and management of crop nutrients.
Deadline: 30 April 2015.
Funded By: International Plant Nutrition Institute (IPNI)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 IPNI Scholar Award is targeted for International students
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: Awards of US$2,000 each will be conferred to deserving graduate students.
‣ Awards of US$2,000 each will be conferred to deserving graduate students in sciences relevant to plant nutrition and management of crop nutrients.
‣ The 2015 IPNI Scholar Award will be made directly to the student. No specific duties will be required of the recipient. The Award will be granted independent of any assistantship, scholarship or other award that the student presently holds.
‣ Graduate students attending a degree-granting institution located in any country with an IPNI program are eligible.
‣ Candidates for either the M.S. or Ph.D. degrees, who are enrolled in a program of graduate study as of the application deadline, are eligible.
‣ Applicants who have already completed their degrees are ineligible. In the case of Ph.D. candidates, preference will be given to students who have a minimum of one year remaining before completion of their studies.
‣ Note: Students in Africa-If your university is not located in a region with an IPNI program but your research is being done with research institutions in Africa—including the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), and National Agricultural Research Systems—you are eligible to apply. Your research work should be in Africa and at least one of your main supervisors should be based in Africa.)
Selection Criteria for 2015 IPNI Scholar Award
‣ Priority will be given to the relevance of the proposed research in support
of IPNI’s mission.
‣ Students in the disciplines of soil and plant sciences including agronomy, horticulture, ecology, soil fertility, soil chemistry, crop physiology, and other areas related to plant nutrition are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted online. In order to complete the application process, you will need the following:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 April 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.