2015 International PhD Positions in Medicine and Life Sciences, Austria, and applications are submitted till 21 September 2014. Applications are invited for PhD positions available for international applicants. Positions are available for pursuing PhD programme to study Metabolic and Cardiovascular Disease” (DK-MCD), Molecular Fundamentals of Inflammation (DK-MOLIN), and Molecular Medicine in Austria with the possibility of a 4th year extension of their contract to spend up to one year abroad. Applicants should hold an equivalent of a masters’ degree in natural or life sciences or in medicine which included a written master thesis. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Austria with the possibility of a 4th year extension of their contract to spend up to one year abroad.
Level: PhD Program
Field(s): studying Metabolic and Cardiovascular Disease (DK-MCD), Molecular Fundamentals of Inflammation (DK-MOLIN) and Molecular Medicine.
Deadline: 21 September 2014
Funded By: The Medical University of Graz, the University of Graz and the Graz University of Technology and the Austrian Science Fund (FWF)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 International PhD Positions in Medicine and Life Sciences are targeted for Applicants from any country
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: Selected PhD students get employed for 3 years with a contract that includes social benefits. Moreover, DK-MCD and DK-MOLIN students will be encouraged to spend up to one year abroad joining other collaborating laboratories with the possibility of a 4th year extension of their contract.
‣ The Medical University of Graz, the University of Graz and the Graz University of Technology and the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) offer international PhD programs in “Metabolic and Cardiovascular Disease” (DK-MCD), “Molecular Fundamentals of Inflammation” (DK-MOLIN), and “Molecular Medicine” that provide an in-depth, multidisciplinary training in biomedical research in a stimulating international environment.
‣ The thesis projects focus on aspects of metabolic and cardiovascular diseases, cancer, inflammatory diseases, as well as novel therapeutic targets, and integrate basic research and clinically-oriented sciences utilizing a wide spectrum of state-of-the-art techniques.
‣ Students of all nationalities are encouraged to apply.
‣ The language of instruction is English and applicants are expected to be highly proficient in this language.
‣ Applicants should hold an equivalent of a masters’ degree in natural or life sciences (chemistry, biology, biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology or related areas) or in medicine which included a written master thesis.
‣ Students must fulfil all eligibility requirements for entering PhD education in the country where they completed their master’s education (typically the home country).
‣ Students who have not yet finished their Masters’ degree have to graduate until 1st December 2014.
‣ The master’s thesis supervisor must confirm this in his/her letter of recommendation.
‣ There will be a three-step selection procedure. In the first step, written applications will be ranked. In a second step, selected candidates will be contacted by skype interviews.
‣ In a third step, the top candidates will be invited for a personal hearing to Graz. Travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain limit (details will be sent together with the invitation).
‣ Applicants will be notified after one week of hearing.
‣ Applications are made exclusively through the online platform.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 21 September 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...