2015 International Master Scholarships in Conflictology, Switzerland , and applications are submitted till 1st December. United Nations Institute for Training and Reasearch (UNITAR) and the Open University of Catalunia (UOC) are jointly offering master scholarships and Discounts to study Conflictology program. Two types of tuition fees discounts exist: the UN Volunteer discount and the Least Developed Countries discount. There are two outstanding peacekeeper scholarships and two outstanding peace builder scholarships available. Scholarship recipients will benefit from a 50% discount on the full tuition fees, the equivalent of USD 5,700. The application deadline for Fall Intake is 1st July and Spring Intake is 1st December.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Switzerland
Level: master`s degree programme.
Deadline: 1st December
Funded By: United Nations Institute for Training and Reasearch (UNITAR) and the Open University of Catalunia (UOC)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 International Master Scholarships in Conflictology is targeted for UN volunteers and citizens of Least Developed Countries (Afghanistan, Angola, Malawi, Bangladesh, Mali, Benin, Mauritania, Bhutan, Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Myanmar, Burundi, Nepal, Cambodia, Niger, Central African Republic, Rwanda, Chad Sao Tome and Principe, Comoros, Senegal, Dem. Rep of the Congo, Sierra Leone, Djibouti Solomon Islands, Equatorial Guinea, Somalia, Eritrea, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Sudan, Gambia, Timor-Leste, Guinea, Togo, Guinea-Bissau, Tuvalu, Haiti, Uganda, Kiribati, United Rep. of Tanzania, Lao People’s Dem. Republic,
Vanuatu, Lesotho, Yemen, Liberia and Zambia) are eligible for tuition fees discounts and citizens of all developing countries are eligible to apply for the available scholarships.
‣ No. of awards: There are two outstanding peacekeeper scholarships and two outstanding peace builder scholarships available.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Not Known
‣Value of Scholarship : Two types of tuition fees discounts exist: the UN Volunteer discount and the Least Developed Countries discount. As of 2014, the discount is of US$2,000, putting the tuition fees at US$9,400. Fees may change depending on the exchange rate. Scholarship recipients will benefit from a 50% discount on the full tuition fees, the equivalent of USD 5,700. Recipients may pay the remaining fees (USD 5,700) in up to three installments.
‣ The International Master`s Degree in Conflictology is a joint-project between the United Nations Institute for Training and Reasearch (UNITAR) and the Open University of Catalunia (UOC).
‣ The 2015 International Master Scholarships in Conflictology is completely online and it is designed for working professional interested in deepening their knowledge on peace and security issues. T
‣ They are offering on permanent basis special discounts for United Nations Volunteers and citizens of Least Developed Countries. They are also offering 4 scholarships for each intake as follows:
‣ Proven ability to implement activities related to peace and conflict management in a conflict or post-conflict context;
‣ Relevance of degree for career advancement and professional performance;
‣ Citizenship of a developing country;
‣ Low financial resources;
‣ No previous studies at the graduate level;
‣ Years of relevant professional experience;
‣ Academic excellence at the high school and undergraduate levels.
‣ To be eligible for the UN Volunteer discount, candidates must currently be UN volunteers and must provide a proof of status in their application. All UNVs are automatically granted the tuition fees discount.
‣ To be eligible for the Least Developed Countries discount, candidates must be citizens from a country included in the list of Least Developed Countries compiled by the United Nations. All candidates from LDCs will automatically be considered for the discount as long as they submit their application on time.
Selection Criteria for 2015 International Master Scholarships in Conflictology
‣ Scholarships may be available on a very competitive basis. In case of equal qualifications, female applicants and applicants from LDCs will be considered preferably.
‣ Decisions for the award of the scholarships will be made upon review of all applications and will be communicated by Selection Committee by e-mail to all applicants within 45 days following the deadline for applications.
‣ For example, if the deadline is 01 July 2015, the decision will be sent to you by e-mail before 15 August 2015, even though you may have applied in February 2016. In general, decisions are sent before the end of January for the Spring intake and before mid-August for the Fall intake. UNITAR reserves the right not to award scholarships in the absence of sufficiently qualified applicants.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ All candidates from LDCs will automatically be considered for the discount as long as they submit their application on time.
‣ Scholarship Application Closing Date : The deadline for applications is 1st July for Fall intake and 1st December for Spring intake.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.