2018-19 INSEAD Sam Akiwumi Endowed Scholarship for African Students, and applications are submitted till 29 January 2018 for July 2019 Class; Round 3:Applications Open: 5 March 2018; Deadline: 19 March 2018. INSEAD staff and former colleagues award scholarship for African students for studying MBA course at Insead Campuses. Preference will be given to Ghanaian students and to candidates who demonstrate financial need. Scholarship has a value of up to €10,000. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Insead-Campuses |
Level: Masters Degree
Field(s): MBA course
Deadline: July 2019 Class:
Deadline: 19 March 2018
Funded By: INSEAD staff and former colleagues
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 INSEAD Sam Akiwumi Endowed Scholarship is targeted for Students of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya,
Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for these scholarships. Preference will be given to Ghanaian students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarship has a value of up to €10,000.
‣ Classmates from 2007, Sam’s family and friends, INSEAD staff and former colleagues have all contributed to this scholarship fund in memory of Sam Akiwumi ’07D (a Ghana/UK national) who died tragically in the year he was at INSEAD.
‣ The INSEAD Sam Akiwumi Endowed Scholarship is targeted at participants from Africa, with a preference for Ghanaians.
Candidates admitted to the MBA programme from Africa qualify. Preference will be given to Ghanaians and to candidates who demonstrate financial need.
Essay topic :
1).Only if you would like to be considered for the IAF Special Profile scholarships, please answer the following question in no more than 400 words: Briefly describe an instance or aspect in your life to date that has made you stand out amongst your peers or that you consider exceptional in one way or another.
2).In approximately 350 words for all the questions that follow:(a) state why you feel an INSEAD MBA is relevant to your particular career needs, (b) explain how you envisage contributing to the future development of your country/region after graduation.
3).In approximately 350 words provide a concise but accurate description of your financial circumstances as well as a cash flow forecast for the year e.g. details of income (such as your income, investment income, savings, property rentals,etc) set against details of expenditure (such as local outgoings, INSEAD fees, rent living expenses). How do you expect to finance your studies if you do not obtain a scholarship or financial aid from INSEAD? Why INSEAD should consider you for the Diversity scholarship? What amount do you consider appropriate?Please do not forget to submit a number of supporting documents as required.
4).Please outline how, if you are successful in your career, you might help others in theirs.
‣ The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date:July 2019 Class:
Applications Open: 15 January 2018
Deadline: 29 January 2018
Applications Open: 5 March 2018
Deadline: 19 March 2018
December 2019 Class:
Applications Open: 23 April 2018
Deadline: 7 May 2018
Applications Open: 11 June 2018
Deadline: 25 June 2018
Applications Open: 30 July 2018
Deadline: 13 August 2018
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.