2015 IIASA Young Scientists Summer Internship Program in Austria , and applications are submitted till 12th January 2015. International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is offering Young Scientists Summer Program. The research opportunities are provided in the research areas of Advanced Systems Analysis, Energy, Evolution and Ecology, Ecosystem Services and Management, Mitigation of Air Pollution and Greenhouse Gases, World Population, Risk Policy and Vulnerability, Transitions to New Technologies, Water. Applicant should be an advanced graduate student (about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD) and his/her field is compatible with ongoing research at IIASA. Up to 5 working days of leave are granted and a subject to approval by IIASA supervisor. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Laxenburg (Austria)
Field(s): The research opportunities are provided in the research areas of Advanced Systems Analysis, Energy, Evolution and Ecology, Ecosystem Services and Management, Mitigation of Air Pollution and Greenhouse Gases, World Population, Risk Policy and Vulnerability, Transitions to New Technologies, Water.
Deadline: 12th January 2015
Funded By: International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 IIASA Young Scientists Summer Internship is targeted for International students
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of internship programme is 3 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: Is this paid internship? Yes, Funding needs to be covered through own sources. For exceptional cases IIASA provides special funding as well. Students coming from developing countries will receive funding through the IIASA Annual Fund. The stipend varies slightly among NMOs, but usually it is EUR 1310 per month plus airfare.
‣ The 2015 IIASA Young Scientists Summer Internship (YSSP) provides a unique opportunity to: advance applicants research under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist, broaden their research interests by working in IIASA’s interdisciplinary and international research environment; build contacts with IIASA’s worldwide network and collaborate with the institute during their future career.
‣ Since 1977, IIASA’s annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) offers research opportunities to talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change.
‣ From June through August accepted participants work within the Institute’s research programs under the guidance of IIASA scientific staff.
‣ Funding is provided through IIASA’s National Member Organizations.
‣ Applicants are an advanced graduate student (about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD)
‣ Applicants field is compatible with ongoing research at IIASA
‣ Candidates would like to explore the policy implications of their work
‣ applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of NMO countries.
‣ Candidates will be informed about acceptance of their applications by March 10, 2015.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Internship Applications are due on 12 January 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...