2017 IAS-STS Long-Term Fellowship Programme for International Fellows in Austria , and applications are submitted till December 31, 2016. The IAS-STS is offering long-term fellowship to international research fellows who are not able to pay for their living expenses during their stay at the Institute. The fellowship provides its fellows the opportunity to perform work focusing on the relationship between technology and society. Fellowship is available for researchers to stay between 1 October 2017 and 30 June 2018. The IAS-STS gives partial and full grants Grants amount to a maximum of EUR 940 per month. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Austria
Level: Research Fellowship
Field(s): Fellowship offers the opportunity to perform work focusing on the relationship between technology and society. In this context, special attention is paid to the areas of technology policy, technology diffusion, technology assessment, the social shaping of technology, as well as technology-related analyses of gender and education issues.
Deadline: December 31, 2016.
Funded By: The Institute for Advanced Studies on Science, Technology and Society (IAS-STS) in Graz, Austria
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): IAS-STS Long-Term Fellowship Programme is targeted for International Students
‣ Award No: Five grants are available for long-term research fellows at the IAS-STS.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The IAS-STS invites researchers to apply for a stay between 1 October 2015 and 30 June 2016 as a Research Fellow (up to nine months); or Visiting Scholar (shorter period, e.g. a month).
‣ Scholarship covers: The IAS-STS gives partial and full grants to Research Fellows who are not able to pay for their living expenses during their stay at the Institute. Grants amount to a maximum of EUR 940,- per month.
‣ The IAS-STS offers IAS-STS Long-Term Fellowship for its international fellows the opportunity to perform work focusing on the relationship between technology and society.
‣ In this context, special attention is paid to the areas of technology policy, technology diffusion, technology assessment, the social shaping of technology, as well as technology-related analyses of gender and education issues.
‣ Applicants for a long-term fellowship (around a nine months’ stay) at the IAS-STS have the opportunity to apply for a grant to cover their living costs up to a maximum amount of 940 Euros per month.
‣ Applicants must provide evidence that their employer or other institution cannot supply funding.
‣ Applicants working on their dissertation or postdoctoral (habilitation) thesis are given preference.
‣ For doctoral theses, comments and/or references of the supervisor should be enclosed with the application.
‣ The 2015 IAS-STS Long-Term Fellowship Programme will not provide a formal supervision of doctoral theses. Scientists not intending to write a doctoral or postdoctoral (habilitation) thesis also have the possibility of applying for membership as a Research Fellow at the IAS-STS for research purposes.
‣ This applies in particular to those who have already acquired these qualifications. In this case, special emphasis will be placed on publications relevant to the subject in the appointment process.
‣ Young scientists who are not yet working on their doctoral theses but who are taking part in research projects relevant to the subject can also be appointed as Research Fellows of the IAS-STS.
Fellowship Programme 2017/2018: Applications to the Fellowship Programme 2017/2018 can be submitted by December 31, 2016, via email or postal mail!
Institute for Advanced Studies on Science, Technology and Society (IAS-STS)
Attn. Günter Getzinger
8010 Graz - Austria
Further information and requirements can be found on page 2 of the application form!
Application for Appointment as Research Fellow or Visiting Scholar (PDF, 138.18 kB)
Application for Appointment as Research Fellow or Visiting Scholar (MSWORD, 58.50 kB)
Grant Application (PDF, 129.76 kB)
Grant Application (MSWORD, 46.50 kB)
Scholarship Applications are due on December 31, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.