2015 Humboldt Research Fellowships for Postdoctoral Researchers in Germany , and Applications should be submitted at least four to seven months ahead of the prospective selection meeting. 2015 HuHumboldt Foundation grants approximately 500 research fellowships annually. Fellowships are awarded for postdoctoral researchers who have completed their doctorate in the last four years to carry out a long-term research project (6-24 months) at a research institution in Germany. Scientists and scholars of all nationalities and disciplines may apply. Applicants choose their own research projects and their host in Germany and prepare their research plan independently. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: 2015 Humboldt Research Fellowships are available for postdoctoral researchers to carry out a long-term research project (6-24 months) at a research institution in Germany.
Field(s): Applicants choose their own research projects and their host in Germany and prepare their research plan independently. Details of the research project and the time schedule must be agreed upon with the prospective host in advance.
Deadline: Applications should be submitted at least four to seven months ahead of the prospective selection meeting.
Funded By: Humboldt Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Humboldt Research Fellowships are targeted for Scientists and scholars of all nationalities
‣ Award No: Approximately 500 Fellowships will be offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships will be offered for 6-24 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The 2015 Humboldt Research Fellowships is worth 2,650 EUR per month. This includes a mobility lump sum and a contribution towards health and liability insurance. Additional benefits for research fellows:
‣ Submit 2015 Humboldt Research Fellowships applications if you are a researcher from abroad with above average qualifications, at the beginning of your academic career and only completed your doctorate in the last four years.
‣ A Humboldt Research Fellowship for postdoctoral researchers allows you to carry out long-term research (6-24 months) in Germany.
‣ Applicants choose their own topic of research and their academic host.
‣ Doctorate or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc. or equivalent), completed less than twelve years prior to the date of application. If it is not possible or customary to take a doctorate in the candidate’s subject or country, an application may be submitted up to 16 years after completing a Master’s or Diploma degree, provided that the publication record is commensurate with the candidate’s career stage.
‣ The candidate’s own research profile documented by a comprehensive list of academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses.
‣ Confirmation that research facilities are available and mentoring agreement and a detailed expert’s statement by an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
‣ Three expert reviews from important collaborative partners and/or academics from the candidate’s own institute and, if possible, from abroad.
‣ Necessary language skills: humanities or social sciences and medicine: good knowledge of German if it is necessary to carry out the research successfully; otherwise a good knowledge of English; natural sciences and engineering: good knowledge of German or English. Potential applicants who have been in Germany for more than six months at the time of application are not eligible to apply.
‣ Potential applicants of German nationality are eligible to apply provided that their habitual place of work and residence has been located abroad on the assumption of permanence for at least five years.
‣ Potential applicants who have completed their school education and one university degree or one university degree and their doctorate in Germany are subject to the regulations governing German citizens.
Selection Criteria for 2015 Humboldt Research Fellowships
‣ Candidates are selected solely on the basis of the evaluation of their academic qualification.
There are no quotas for individual disciplines or countries.
‣ A candidate’s academic qualifications assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
Notification for 2015 Humboldt Research Fellowships
‣ After providing all the documents and receipt of the host’s statement, applicants will be notified about the proposed selection date.
‣ The application documents will then usually be forwarded to two independent reviewers for written review. On the basis of these independent peer reviews a selection committee composed of about 50 academics from all disciplines reaches a decision on approving research fellowships.
‣ The selection committee meets three times a year, in March, July and November. When submitting applications candidates may also apply to be informed about the reasons for a rejection should their applications be turned down by the selection committee.
‣ In this case, applicants and their hosts will receive separate notification on this issue in addition to the selection decision approx. four to six weeks after the selection committee meeting.
‣ It is not possible to appeal. However, applicants who have been rejected may submit a revised application provided that fundamental aspects of the original application have been manifestly improved.
‣ Applications should be submitted by post. The Humboldt Foundation will confirm receipt of the application by email.
‣ It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she has submitted all the necessary documents. Applications not submitted as a single entity will take longer to process. Grossly incomplete applications will be returned to applicants unprocessed.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Applications may be sent at any time. Selection committee meetings take place three times a year, in March, July and November. Applications should be submitted at least four to seven months ahead of the prospective selection meeting.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.