Facebook Fellowship Award for Domestic and International Students, USA , and applications are submitted till november 01 , 2016. Applications are invited for Facebook fellowship program available to domestic and International students for full-time PhD accredited doctoral program focusing on a topic or field relevant to Facebook. Up to twelve (12) academic fellowships are awarded for a period of for two years. Each Facebook Fellowship includes several benefits like tuition and fees for the academic year(s)as well as $37,000 yearly grant, paid visit to Facebook HQ to present research and opportunity for paid internship. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: PhD program
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in the fields relevant to Facebook, such as: Architecture , Data Mining, Databases, Distributed Systems, Computer Vision, Human-Computer Interaction & Social Computing, Economics and Computation, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Networking & Operating Systems, Programming Languages & Compilers, Security & Privacy and Software Engineering.
Deadline: november 01 , 2016.
Funded By: Face book
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Facebook Fellowship Award is targeted for International and domestic students
‣ Award No: Facebook plans to award up to twelve (12) academic fellowships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship is awarded for a period of two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each Facebook Fellowship includes several benefits:
-Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year(s)
-$37,000 yearly grant
-Paid visit to Facebook HQ to present your research
-Opportunity for paid internship
‣ Facebook announces that the 2015 Facebook Fellowship Award has expanded to cover two years!
‣ The 2015 Facebook Fellowship Award program is open to full-time PhD students (domestic and international) enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system architecture, or a related area .
‣ Candidates are not eligible to participate in this Program if they are a national or legal resident of those countries in which the United States has embargoed goods (including, without limitation, Cuba, North Korea, Iran, and Syria, unless you are enrolled full-time at an accredited university in the United States or a non-embargoed country, with the exception of nationals and legal residents of Cuba, who are unconditionally ineligible to participate).
‣ Applicants should be aware that Facebook’s ability to select for receipt of an Award a PhD Student who is from a country against which the United States has imposed comprehensive economic sanctions (such as Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, or North Korea) may be sharply limited by United States law.
‣ Further, the Award, or portions thereof, may be forfeited if an Award recipient does not remain enrolled with full-time status and in good standing at the same doctoral program for the entire period of the award.
‣ It is the obligation of all applicants to ensure that applying for the Award, participating in this Program and, as applicable, received an Award, complies with all laws, rules and regulations of the jurisdiction in which such applicant is a legal resident/national.
Selection Criteria for 2015 Facebook Fellowship Award
‣ In Round 1, Reviewers from each topical area will be assigned to an application and score them based on the following criteria:
‣ In Round 2, a team of Reviewers from each area will discuss the top applicants in their own area and compare them to those in other areas based on the same criteria as Round 1 above.
In Round 3, all finalists will be reviewed and compared.
‣ The finalists will be selected by a final panel that may include a Facebook engineering director and CTO (subject to availability).
‣ Facebook reserves the right to contact participants for verification purposes and administration of the Program.
‣ Facebook’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Program. Judging of Applications will take place between January and February 2015.
‣ Winners will be notified of their Award in mid February 2015, in Facebook’s sole discretion.
‣ To apply, eligible individuals must submit the following materials (collectively, “Application”) to Facebook online or email a Word or PDF file of the Application to facebookfellowship-at-fb.com with the subject line “Fellowship Program Application”:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on november 01 , 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.