2015 Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship for International Students, Australia, and applications are submitted till 30th June 2014. Each year Australian Government awards Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship for international students. These are internationally competitive, merit-based scholarships programme. The awards are offered to undertake a postgraduate qualification at a Master’s or PhD level either by coursework or research in any field of study. The award provides financial support up to 2 years for a master’s and up to 4 years for a PhD. Recipients must commence their approved programme after 1st January 2015 but no later than 30th November 2015. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Australia
Field(s): There are no limitations on fields of study for the Award categories.
Deadline: 30th June 2014.
Funded By: Australian Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship is targeted for Students of following countries can apply for the Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship. Americas: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela. The Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus (Republic of), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland). Middle East: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Yemen. Pacific: Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated states of), Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand (including Cook Islands), Niue, Palau,
Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna. Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, People’s Republic of China (including Hong Kong and Macau SAR’s), India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea (South Korea), Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The 2015 Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship provides financial support up to 2 years for a Master’s and up to 4 years for a PhD.
‣ Scholarship covers: All recipients of Endeavour postgraduate scholarship will receive: -Travel allowance: $3,000 (Provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances) -Establishment allowance: $2,000 (Fellowships) or $4,000 (Scholarships) -Monthly stipend: $3,000 (paid up to the maximum programme duration on a pro-rata basis) -Health insurance for the full programme duration (OSHC for non-Australians) -Travel insurance (excluding during programme for non-Australians) -Endeavour Scholarship recipients will also receive tuition fees paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis. Tuition includes student service and amenities fees.
‣ 2015 Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship and Fellowships are internationally competitive, merit-based scholarships provided by the Australian Government that support citizens of the Asia-Pacific, the Middle-East, Europe and the Americas to undertake study, research and professional development programmes in Australia and for Australians to undertake these programmes overseas.
‣ The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships programme forms part of the Australia Awards initiative established in 2009, which brings together under one banner scholarships offered by the Department of Education (the Department), Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
‣ The 2015 Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Award provides financial support for international students for up to 4 years to undertake a postgraduate qualification at a Master’s or PhD level either by coursework or research in any field of study in Australia.
‣ be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their programme;
‣ be a citizen and/or permanent resident of a participating country (section 8);
‣ commence their proposed programme after 1 January 2015 and no later than 30 November 2015. Applicants who have already commenced or will commence their intended programme prior to 2015 are not eligible to apply -provide all relevant supporting documentation (section 9);
‣ not currently hold or have completed, since 1 January 2013, an Australian Government sponsored scholarship and/or fellowship (directly administered to recipients by the Australian Government);
‣ not apply for a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour Scholarship or Fellowship.
‣ The selection criteria for all categories of the Endeavour Scholarships are the same.
‣ The following are the selection criteria and their relative weighting:
‣ The Department will email all successful and unsuccessful applicants regarding the outcome of their applications by the end of December 2014.
‣ Due to the high volume of applications received, the Department does not provide individual feedback on why an individual’s application was unsuccessful.
‣ There may be a number of reasons why an application does not pass through to the next stage.
‣ Applications must be submitted using the Endeavour Online Applicationhttps://endeavouradmin.deewr.gov.au/ES/ESApplication/Security/Login.aspx system.
‣ Upon submission of an application, an email acknowledging receipt of the application will automatically be generated and forwarded to the email address (user ID) used to submit the application.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30th June 2014 at 11:59 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). The Endeavour Online Application system will not allow you to work on your application after the closing date. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.