2015 East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship at University of Hawai in USA , and applications are submitted till November 3, 2014. East-West Center is offering graduate fellowship for students from Asia, the Pacific and the USA to participate in the educational, residential and leadership development programs at the East-West Center while pursuing graduate study at the University of Hawai. The center will provide funding for up to 24 months for Master’s or Doctoral degree study to cover the cost of tuition and fees, books, housing in an East-West Center dormitory and health insurance. Partial funding toward meals and incidental expenses will also available. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Hawai | USA
Level: Graduate (Master’s or Doctoral degree) - East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowships support graduate study (Master’s or Doctoral degree) at the University of Hawai in USA
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in fields relevant to the goals and objectives of the East-West Center.
Deadline: November 3, 2014
Funded By: The East-West Center
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship is targeted for for Students of United States, Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea
, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands. Southeast Asia: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam. South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka. East Asia: China (Hong Kong, Macau, Mainland, Taiwan), Japan, Republic of Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Republic of, Mongolia and Russia
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The center will provide funding for up to 24 months for Master’s or Doctoral degree study
‣ Scholarship covers: the cost of tuition and fees, books, housing in an East-West Center dormitory and health insurance. Partial funding toward meals and incidental expenses will also available.
‣ The 2015 East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides funding for up to 24 months for Master’s or Doctoral degree study for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to participate in the educational, residential, and leadership development programs at the East-West Center while pursuing graduate study at the University of Hawai‘i.
‣ Through East-West Center affiliation, awardees become part of a growing network of students and alumni forging the shape and substance of the world’s most vibrant region. Center fellowships are provided for degree study at the University of Hawai‘i and participation in the Center’s international and intercultural programs.
‣ The Center and the University of Hawai‘i, located in a unique island setting with a distinctive multicultural heritage, offer premier resources for studies in Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S.
‣ submit both the application for East-West Center Graduate Fellowship and the graduate admissions application to the University of Hawai‘i to the East-West Center Award Services Office.
‣ Applications must be postmarked by the November 1 deadline.
‣ Applicants already enrolled as classified graduate students at the University of Hawai‘i submit only the East-West Center Graduate Fellowship application.
‣ Required tests include the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) for applicants from non-English speaking countries, and the GRE or GMAT for all applicants as required by university departments.
‣ Award recipients who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents must meet exchange visitor (J-1 visa) requirements.
‣ Individuals who are citizens or permanent residents of the countries listed below may apply for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship:
Selection Criteria for 2015 East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship
‣ Selection for the fellowship is based upon the merits of the application.
‣ The final selection decision takes into consideration the following: relevance of the applicant’s interests to the East-West Center’s aims and programs, recommendation by the University of Hawai‘i graduate field of study, test scores, letters of reference, academic record, community involvement/ extracurricular activity participation, and narrative statements.
‣ The final selection decision will be conveyed in writing as well as email and only to the applicant by April 1. No information regarding the final selection will be disclosed over the telephone.
‣ Download application material for the Graduate Degree Fellowship from the East-West Center Website and submit it by port.
‣ Application forms are valid from July 1 to November 1 for the succeeding year’s fellowship and includes:
a) Graduate Degree Fellowship Application Form ;
b) Essay questions ;
c) Letter of Reference Form (provide two academic or professional references) ;
D) Letter of Reference for Community Service/Civic Engagement/Extra Curricular Activities Form (provide one reference) e) Verification of Funds for Expenses Beyond the Scholarship Form
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 3, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.