2015 DRS Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Applicants at Free University of Berlin in Germany,and applications are submitted till July 4, 2014. The Dahlem Research School is inviting applications for 20 postdoctoral fellowships to conduct research project at Free University of Berlin. Each research fellowship will be awarded for 18 months starting in January 2015. The call is open to postdoctoral researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities who hold a doctoral degree. Female postdoctoral researchers and returnees from phases of international, inter-sectoral and/or non-academic mobility are specifically encouraged to apply. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Free University of Berlin | Germany
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in the research fields/ key topics (Humanities and Social Sciences and Natural and Life Sciences) of the participating Excellence Projects or Focus Areas at the Free University of Berlin.
Deadline: July 4, 2014.
Funded By: The Dahlem Research School’s Postdoc Fellowship Program – co-financed by the German Excellence Initiative and the Marie Curie Program of the European Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):2015 DRS Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for Applicants of all nationalities.
‣ Award No: Dahlem Research School offers 20 incoming postdoctoral fellowships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Starting in January 2015, each research fellowship will be awarded for 18 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: An employment contract at level TV-L FU E13 (which refers to the collective agreement for the public area of Berlin and translates into an annual net salary of approx. 26.500 to 34.400 Euro, depending on previous work experience and marital status) -Social security and health insurance included -A total research allowance for the duration of the project of 5.400 Euro for non lab-based/ 21.600 Euro for lab-based projects -A monthly mobility allowance of 200 Euro and a one-time travel allowance -A fully funded intensive German course -A tailored qualification program and access to the Professional Development Program delivered by Dahlem Research School.
‣ The Dahlem Research School’s 2015 DRS Postdoctoral Fellowships Program-co-financed by the German Excellence initiative and the Marie Curie Program of the European Commission–provides funding for outstanding postdoctoral researchers from all disciplines to conduct their own research project at Free University of Berlin.
‣ The aim is to support highly-qualified postdoctoral researchers who are outstanding in their field and to integrate them into one of the university’s research groups in an early phase of their career.
‣ The program is designed to promote further the academic career development through research funding, a tailored qualification program and the opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills.
‣ The program furthermore provides essential professional guidance on preparing grant proposals to support DRS fellows in obtaining funding for follow-up research projects at the Freie Universität Berlin.
‣ The call is open to postdoctoral researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities who
‣ hold a doctoral degree (the dissertation must be submitted and proof must be available by the application deadline)
‣ completed their doctoral degree no longer than 6 years before the deadline (starting with the date on the doctoral certificate)
‣ have not lived in Germany for longer than 12 months during the last 36 months before the deadline
‣ Female postdoctoral researchers and returnees from phases of international, inter-sectoral and/or non-academic mobility (such as researching outside Germany, working for industry or after a career break e.g. due to family reasons) are specifically encouraged to apply.
‣ An eligibility check for completeness, timeliness of submission, meeting of published eligibility criteria will be carried out by DRS. Only complete applications will be subsequently evaluated in a four-step selection procedure.
‣ Successful candidates need to pass all four phases of the selection process:
‣ Each phase must be passed successfully to proceed to the next.
‣ Candidates will receive an identification code which will allow anonymized results of each selection phase to be published on a secure website.
‣ After completion of each phase, applicants will be notified by e-mail each time new results are announced. Final Decision and Notification of successful candidates in November 2014.
‣ To apply, please register with the DRS online https://apply.drs.fu-berlin.de/internationalpostdocs/ application platform.
‣ Once registered, please fill out the online application form and upload all required documents.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on July 4, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.