2015 Dobbin Scholarships for Canadian and Irish Scholars , and applications are submitted till 20th February 2015. Applications are invited for Dobbin research scholarships available for Canadian and Irish scholars and academics that are either beginning or are currently engaged at graduate level research. The ICUF Scholarships are for short visits of two to four weeks which will benefit the scholar’s research, establish new or build on existing academic links between Canada and Ireland and provide the opportunity for the development of ongoing links in that research area. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada and Ireland
Level: short research.
Field(s): Research should contribute to the rich academic and cultural links between Canada and Ireland.
Deadline: 20th February 2015.
Funded By: Ireland Canada University Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Dobbin Scholarships are targeted for Scholars of Canada and Ireland
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The ICUF Scholarships are for short visits of two to four weeks.
‣ Scholarship covers: The amount of the award is contingent on the duration of the research visit,
and is based on a duration of between two and four weeks. The precise details of the visits are left to the scholars to decide on and arrange for themselves. Awards are structured as follows;
-Canadian Scholarships: Travel expenses up to a total of CAD 1,300 will be paid to scholars (on transfer of receipts to ICUF) and a weekly stipend of CAD 1,000 will be paid to scholars. This will range from CAD 2,000 (two week visit) to CAD 4,000 (four week visit).
-Irish Scholarships: Travel expenses up to a total of € 1,000 will be paid to scholars (on transfer of receipts to ICUF).
-A weekly stipend of € 800 will be paid to scholars. This will range from €1,600 (two week visit) to €3,200 (four week visit) and scholars are of course free to extend the duration of their stay for personal or professional reasons.
‣ Since 1993 ICUF has awarded 2015 Dobbin Scholarships to both Irish and Canadian scholars and academics whose research contributes to the rich academic and cultural links between Canada and Ireland.
‣ The awards are named after Craig Dobbin, whose initial most generous donation in 1993 led to the foundation of the Ireland Canada University Foundation. Since 1993, the Dobbin Scholarships have been supported by many individuals, organisations, businesses and corporations who share Craig’s vision, and the vision of ICUF.
‣ The visit must take place within 12 months after the award is made.
-The term ‘Ireland’ refers to the entirety of the island of Ireland.
Selection Criteria for 2015 Dobbin Scholarships
‣ All applications are evaluated by an assessment panel in each country. Assessors evaluate proposals with a view to awarding applicants who, in their view;
‣ present a research proposal of high academic caliber
‣ are in the early stages of their research career
‣ propose to conduct research which will lead to increased collaboration between Canada and Ireland
The plan and schedule for the visit, as presented in the Application Form, will be an important factor in the panels’ evaluation.
‣ The panels’ decisions on the awards are communicated to all applicants within two months after the closing date for applications.
‣ All documents relating to this application must be submitted by email, including referees’ reports and evidence of institutional support. Only applications which are submitted entirely by email can be considered.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date:Irish applications and supporting documents must be received before 6th February 2015. Canadian applications and supporting documents must be received before 20th February 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.