2015 DLGS Doctoral Fellowships for International Students in Germany ,and applications are submitted till September 15, 2016. The DLGS – Dresden Leibniz Graduate School offers doctoral fellowships for up to three years. Fellowships are awarded for a research project: urban and regional resilience – managing change for sustainable urban and regional development. Doctoral candidates will focus on new concepts for managing change for sustainable urban and regional development. Applications from outside of Germany are particularly welcome. Selection is based on academic qualifications and on applicant’s potential to succeed. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: PhD Research Programme
Field(s): Research Topic: “Urban and Regional Resilience – Managing Change for Sustainable Urban and Regional Development”. Doctoral candidates will focus on new concepts for managing change for sustainable urban and regional development
Deadline: September 15, 201
Funded By: The DLGS – Dresden Leibniz Graduate School
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 DLGS Doctoral Fellowships are targeted for German and International fellows
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The DLGS offers Doctoral Fellowships for up to three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: In general, the fellowship provides the following: a fixed monthly stipend for the fellows’ living expenses in Dresden (determined by the DFG – German Research Foundation), funds to attend the DLGS academic programme (including German lessons for non-native speakers of German language), limited funds for project-related travel and other research expenses, and the round-trip airfare to Germany (both subject to approval by the DLGS management board). There is no additional family supplement provided to fellows accompanied by a partner and/or children.
‣ The DLGS – Dresden Leibniz Graduate School is jointly run by the Technische Universität Dresden (TUD), the Leibniz Institute of Ecological Urban and Regional Development, Dresden (IÖR), and the Academy for Spatial Research and Planning, Hannover (ARL).
‣ The DLGS offers 2015 DLGS Doctoral Fellowships for up to three years. Applications are reviewed once a year.
‣ Applications are welcome form graduates holding a master’s degree (with a master’s thesis) in Spatial Planning and Development (including City and Regional Planning, Urban Regeneration, Landscape Planning, Traffic Planning), Geography, Economics or Environmental Sciences.
‣ Applications from outside of Germany are particularly welcome.
‣ Admission to DLGS is without regard to age, race, gender, handicap, religion or nationality.
‣ All applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English (in general confirmed by some form of official certification) and be comfortable working in teams.
‣ Selection is based on academic qualifications and on applicant’s potential to succeed.
‣ Applicants will be informed of the final outcome of the selection process in January 2015. University will contact you directly, sending an offer to take part in the programme via email. Upon receiving notification of your acceptance we will send a letter confirming your place on our graduate programme. Afterwards we will guide you through the enrolment procedure at the TU Dresden and assist you before and after your arrival to Dresden to facilitate your acclimatization.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: Deadline for the application for the next DLGS cohort (2015 – 2017) is September 15, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.