2015 DKFZ Summer Internship In Cancer Research In Germany , and applications are submitted till 1st March 2015. Applications are invited for DKFZ 8-week Summer Internship in Cancer Research for 2015 academic year. To be eligible to apply for the DKFZ Summer Internship they must be working towards a masters degree and be able to provide proof that they are enrolled in a university for the full duration of the internship (i.e. until the end of September). Applicants should also be ambitious, hardworking and have a desire to gain more experience working in the lab. Internship will take place from 1st August – 30th September 2015. International students are eligible to apply for this internship program me. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Field(s): Interns will have the opportunity to participate in cutting edge research in cancer-related biology, and to interact with leading scientists in the field as well as fellow students from around Europe
Deadline: 1st March 2015
Funded By: Helmholtz International Graduate School for Cancer Research
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 DKFZ Summer Internship is targeted for nternational students
‣ Award No: A limited number of fellowships for the Summer School are available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Applicants must be able to take part in the full internship, which takes place from 1st August – 30th September.
‣ Scholarship covers: Is this paid internship? No, applicants are strongly encouraged to organize their own funding (approximately 500 Euro per month for accommodation and 250 Euro per month for additional living costs
‣ The DKFZ Summer Internship in Cancer Research is an 8-week program for outstanding and ambitious master’s students who are interested in gaining laboratory research experience.
‣ The Internship is organized by the Helmholtz International Graduate School for Cancer Research.
‣ Students of the Summer Internship in Cancer Research spend 8 weeks working in a laboratory of the DKFZ, where they will have the opportunity to participate in cutting edge research in cancer-related biology, and to interact with leading scientists in the field as well as fellow students from around Europe.
‣ Students also take part in the Internship Core Course, which covers recent research at the DKFZ via a series of research seminars and will have the opportunity to take part in a soft-skills course about topics related to scientific presenting and communication.
In addition, events with DKFZ PhD students and outings in and around Heidelberg are ‣ organized.
‣ If applicants already hold a masters degree, unfortunately you are not eligible to apply for the Internship.
‣ Institute will inform applicants by the end of March whether their application has been shortlisted for the second round of review, during which they will be asked to select from a list of summer research projects.
‣ Applications are suitted ia online.
‣ Internship Applications are due on 1st March 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.