2015 DBU Doctoral Scholarships for International Students, Germany , and applicants are submitted till 15th June, 2014. The German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU) is offering 60 doctoral scholarships to young scientists from all disciplines for carrying out research in the field of environmental protection. Scholarships are awarded for three years. Each scholarship is initially awarded for a period of up to one year. After reviewing the progress of work is usually an extension of one year each. In addition to above-average university degree is expected from the chosen thesis topic that is of high relevance and can contribute to solving problems in environmental protection and nature conservation. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): German universities | Germany
Level:doctoral students for research programme at German universities.
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in the field of environmental protection
Deadline: 15th June, 2015
Funded By: The German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 DBU Doctoral Scholarships are targeted for International and German researchers
‣ Award No: The DBU awards 60 doctoral scholarships per year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These doctoral scholarships are awarded for three years. Each scholarship is initially awarded for a period of up to one year. After reviewing the progress of work is usually an extension of one year each.
‣ Scholarship covers:The amount of the scholarship is from June 2009 monthly 940, – €.In addition to Scholarship, a monthly allowance of 210, – € for material and travel costs (Reimbursement of expenses allowance) paid. Any additional material resources can be granted only in exceptional cases and on a small scale. If this ge-wishes will have the scholarship application, a detailed and complete Cost plan are attached. Fellows with children receive a child allowance. Is the children’s allowance 200, – € for the first child and an additional 150, – € for the second and each additional child. Fellows with child / children may, on request in special cases (e.g. birth and settling into the family of the child) disease a family break-einletions in which the DBU scholarship rests. This family leave is limited to maximum 12 months limited per child.
‣ In general, all environmental research topics are welcome to meet the above criteria, ie. In addition to the natural and engineering sciences and applications from the social sciences, humanities, business and law Interdisciplinary themes in support of sustainable development are particularly desirable.
‣ The DBU attaches great importance to a verifiable work plan and schedule that makes it clear together with the opinion of the academic supervisor that the work can be completed in a period of up to three years.
‣ Has not yet begun that your thesis.
‣ from foreign applicants good knowledge of German is expected to allow integration into the DBU scholarship network is possible.
‣ In addition to a higher university degree is expected from the chosen thesis topic that is of high relevance and can contribute to solving problems in environmental protection and conservation.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th January and 15th June, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.