2015 DAAD Scholarships for International Developing Countries, and applications are submitted until -31st July, 2014 (annually) DAAD Regional Office, DAAD-Information Centre or German Embassy or -31st August (annually) DAAD Bonn or -15st October (annually) University (Please check date. Deadlines differ from university to university. Each year, DAAD, German Academic Exchange Service offers scholarships for developing countries students. The scholarships are available for pursuing a postgraduate degree at German institutions of Higher education. These scholarships provide monthly installment of EUR 750.00. and also include the costs for health, accident and liability insurance in Germany and an adequate travelling allowance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): German institutions of Higher education | Germany
Level: Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics, Development Co-operation, Engineering and related sciences, Mathematics, Regional Planning, Agricultural and Forest Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Public Health/Veterinary Medicine/Medicine, Social Science, Education & Law and Media Studies.
Deadline: ‣ The general closing dates for applications are as follows: -31st July, 2014 (annually) DAAD Regional Office, DAAD-Information Centre or German Embassy or -31st August (annually) DAAD Bonn or -15st October (annually) University (Please check date. Deadlines differ from university to university.
Funded By: DAAD, German Academic Exchange Service
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 DAAD Scholarships are targeted for Students (on the DAC List of the OECD) from following developing countries can apply: Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Rep., Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine and Belarus. North Africa: Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia. Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ivory Coast (Côte D’Ivoire), Djibouti, Eritrea, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Kenya, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Dem. Rep., Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Zambia, Sâo Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, Somalia, St. Helena,Sudan, South Africa, Southern Sudan (new), Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Chad, Uganda and Central African Republic.
North and Central America: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda,
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: applicable for duration of the postgraduate degree program
‣ Scholarship covers: The 2015 DAAD Scholarships pays a monthly scholarship installment, currently set at EUR 750.00. In addition, the scholarship includes costs for health, accident and liability insurance in Germany and an adequate travelling allowance, in so far as the home country or another donor is not already covering these expenses. Furthermore, the DAAD pays an annual research grant. However, the universities might charge additional fees not covered by the scholarship (e.g., enrollment fee, semester ticket, etc).
Barbados, Belize, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Cuba, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines Trinidad and Tobago. South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Guyana, Columbia, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela. Near and Middle East: Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian territories and Syria. South and Central Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tadzhikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. East Asia: China, Indonesia, Cambodia, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Thailand, East Timor and Vietnam. OCEANIA: Cooki Oslands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Wallis and Futuna.
‣ The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) – Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst – supports a range of postgraduate courses at German universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from Developing Countries with further specialized studies.
‣ The DAAD supports these selected programs with a certain quota of scholarships and with financial assistance for a special tutoring system. At the end of the course (programs run 12 to 36 months, depending on the particular institution) participants can obtain an internationally recognized Master’s or in some courses PhD degree.
‣ Age limit: 36 years of age at the time of application (for some courses 32 years) For some courses, Bachelor degree should have been completed not longer than 6 years at the time of application. Concerning this matter, please directly contact the coordinator of the respective study program.
‣ Degree: Bachelor or Master
‣ GPA: min 2,75 for Master candidates (some study programs applied GPA more than 2,75. Please see the detail on the website of each study program) and 3,00 for Doctoral candidates.
‣ Work experience: at least two years after completing Bachelor degree.
‣ Language skill: -For postgraduate courses held in English request an international TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based) or IELTS (band 6). Some courses may expect a different level. For detailed information see the website of the relevant course.
‣ For postgraduate courses held in German: please see the details on the course list. A certain level of German language exam may be required before admission to the course.
Selection criteria and procedures for 2015 DAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries recipients ensure that:
‣ priority target candidates have proven, development-related motivation and can be expected to make full use of their scholarship and education by taking on social responsibility later in their careers, acting as agents of change who stimulate and support development in their personal and professional surroundings ( motivation, commitment to development),
‣ the candidates have the professional and academic qualifications Necessary to Ensure successful completion of the degree programs in Germany (final scores on previous academic examinations, language skills),
‣ women and candidates from disadvantaged groups who meet the required academic and professional standards and show proven commitment to development-related issues are especially targeted for program admission.
‣ If you have no private financial resources or cannot obtain a scholarship from your government, company or an international organisation, you may apply for a 2015 DAAD Scholarships – either full or partial.
‣ DAAD application forms are available from the German Embassies, the DAAD offices abroad, directly from the University or on the DAAD website.
‣ Applications from Cameroon, Myanmar and Nigeria must be submitted via the German Embassy (please contact the German Embassy in time regarding information about the deadlines).
‣ All submitted applications forms, including all required documents, copies, etc. become property of the DAAD.
‣ The applicant has no right to payment or reimbursement. No documents will be returned. Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate, as well as 2 address labels written in Chinese characters with their application documents.
‣ Please be sure to address applications to the postgraduate course directly! Applications sent via e-mail to the DAAD cannot be considered during the selection process.
‣ 2015 DAAD Scholarships Applicants are asked to state whether they are able to pay for cost of living expenses and their studies in Germany themselves or whether they can only complete the postgraduate course with financial support from a DAAD scholarship.
‣ Qualified applicants for whom self-financing is possible, have a good chance of being accepted by a postgraduate course.
‣ Please note: 2015 DAAD Scholarships cannot be awarded without the official DAAD application form. Many courses, however, have their own forms, which must be submitted in addition to the DAAD application form (see details under course description).
Required documents 2015 DAAD Scholarships (in the following order):
‣ hand-signed CV (please use the europass specimen form
‣ hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
‣ research exposé (if required by university)
‣ academic letter/s of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
‣ professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
‣ confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
‣ Proof of language abilities: English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: Institutional TOEFL will not be accepted); German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
‣ copies of awarded academic degrees
‣ copies of academic transcripts
‣ copy of School Leaving Certificate
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Please contact the respective postgraduate course regarding the application deadline, because the application deadlines may vary from university to university.
‣ Please also check the specific deadlines listed in the brochure. Submission deadlines are available here. https://www.daad.de/imperia/md/content/entwicklung/hochschulen/ast/depos_deadlines_2014.pdf
‣ The general closing dates for applications are as follows: -31st July, 2014 (annually) DAAD Regional Office, DAAD-Information Centre or German Embassy or -31st August (annually) DAAD Bonn or -15st October (annually) University (Please check date. Deadlines differ from university to university.
‣ Applicants should be sure to check information regarding application closing dates directly with the individual universities because they may vary from the general deadlines listed above.
‣ The selection process generally takes place at the universities in the period from November to February.
‣ 2015 DAAD Scholarships are usually awarded for the following winter semester.
Prerequisites and requirements/ Application form https://www.daad.de/entwicklung/studierende_und_alumni/bildung_postgradual/ast/08164.en.html
Booklet “Postgraduate courses for professionals with relevance to developing countries” https://www.daad.de/imperia/md/content/entwicklung/hochschulen/ast/2015_epos.pdf
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.